Mahoney arrives Moab 4/26 at 8 am

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

4/14-21 Medical dental tax appointments. I am go for Alaska! Got to have coffee with jeanette at our favorite coffee shop ( quiet jazz, comfortable decor, friendly staff) several times. Had breakfast with the Binningers who decided at last minute to return to work-camp at Adventureland. Weather returned to typical spring coolness and frequent clouds. After I left they had a snow fall of gobs...big wet clusters of snow/sleet/hail.

4/23 Departed des moines for moab. stopped in Grand Island NE to visit the mother of a friend. Made it to Kearney just before the rain finally started to fall in buckets. Bought a can of permethrin mosquito repellant at Cabella's and stayed the night in their parking lot.

4/24 Off at crack of dawn. Furnace did not work last night. Took till noon to get front of coach warmed up by the dash heat. Cloudy and gloomy 37 F all way to top of last pass before warm sunlight appeared. Denver had a bit of snow on the ground and the front range was all snowy with fresh wet snow coating the pine trees beautifully. Snow fell on way up to loveland pass and got the car and coach all yucky. Overnighted at Fruita (next to Grand junction) state welcome center...621 miles.

4/25 85 miles to Moab arrived at 8 am and checked in right away. I am 2 days early and they got me into my site 9 for the whole stay! Was able to park in my site by 10 am after getting car run through a carwash. Brinks, Ruwards, Fitzgeralds arrive at 2 pm. Al and Val already here.

Road construction in Moab: one block of narrow lanes just north of Maverick gas station for utility work. I saw no other.

Guess it didn't matter what time the sun set :)  You were up awful early however.  See you Friday.

621 miles in one day? Wow. And in the snow! Wow Wow. And here I am trying to get Mike to slow down to less than 200 miles a day.

RV Roamer said:
We've joined Russ at Moab, along with the Ruwards, Fitzgeralds and Reavis's, so we are off to a great start.? Can't wait to more of you folks arrive!

We leave Yuma this morning BUT we will not be traveling 621 miles in one day ever.  Did you hear that Russ?  :) Will arrive Sunday.  Can't wait for the fun to begin.

Betty and Terry

Frank and I will be leaving St George Sunday mor'n. Go'n north on I-15 to 70. Will arrive at Portal Sunday Afternoon. Anyone else heading that way? 

A note about the FJ and WM.  Diesel was $3.05 at WM, and $3.03 at FJ. Auto diesel is the far right lane, marked with orange cone, in the truck fueling area. The pump automatically adds .05 cents per gal. if you use your credit card. And you have to go thru at turnabout at the bottom of the exit, and again on at the entrance ramp to the freeway.  Really Dumb.

Barb
Currently in Hurricane, Ut

Barb said:
A note about the FJ and WM.  Diesel was $3.05 at WM, and $3.03 at FJ. Auto diesel is the far right lane, marked with orange cone, in the truck fueling area. The pump automatically adds .05 cents per gal. if you use your credit card. And you have to go thru at turnabout at the bottom of the exit, and again on at the entrance ramp to the freeway.  Really Dumb.

Barb
A note about FJ. If you use your RV Club card (you can get it online or at the store), the 5 cents is automatically deducted even if you use a credit card.

Betty Brewer said:
We leave Yuma this morning BUT we will not be traveling 621 miles in one day ever.? Did you hear that Russ?? :) Will arrive Sunday.? Can't wait for the fun to begin.

Betty and Terry

Hmmm, the fun has already began here in Moab. ;D ;D  We didn't wait. :D

Well, this is exciting.  Tim and I are in Mesquite, Nv heading to Moab and I just read Russ's message on this thread.  Tim and I are supposed to be in site #9.  Arriving tomorrow and staying until May 7th.  Guess I better call Portal tomorrow and see what it going on.  I reserved the site and gave them a credit card to hold.

Marsha~

We're up and having morning coffee in Durango.  We'll be saddling up and on our way in a few hours.  See you all mid afternoon.

Amusing incident: Last night there a little Nash Trailer / Not Quite Full Sized pickup came in.  They toured the campground (less than 10% occupied) and then seemed to be setting up a few rows away. Then we discovered gray water in the shower so I went out to dump and they moved to just across from us.  They backed in as I went in for the night.  This morning at 6:30 AM they were gone.

We're running late and won't be arriving today. Should be there around noon tomorrow. Mike called Portal and left them a message. Hope we don't miss anything exciting.

Barb said:
'the 5 cents is automatically deducted even if you use a credit card."

Bernie,
We used our rv card. and the 5 cent was not deducted. I agree usually is it.  Fuel is up to $3.15.

Barb

If you used the Flying J RV club card, and the 5 cents wasn't deducted, you can get a refund from Flying J.

Back
Top Bottom