Anyone towing an EDGE? If so, how's it working for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Just curious, is anyone out there towing a Ford Edge?  We are in the market for a new car and want it to be towable.  We've narrowed it down to the CR-V and the Edge.  I have heard from several CR-V owners but not any Edge owners.  Just wish the Edge gas mileage was closer to the 30 of the CR-V!  Mikie

A fulltimer buddy of mine has been towing one since mid 2007. Been back and forth across the USA 3 times, Florida to Maine a couple times, etc. Never a problem.

For 2012 Ford is offering an EcoBoost 4 cylinder engine in the Edge and claiming 30 mpg highway. Maybe that's the answer to your prayers?

Have you considered the Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain? The standard engine is a fiesty 4 cylinder that gets 32 mpg (Equinox) or 29 mpg (Terrain).

A friend of mine picked us in their new GMC Terrain.  Although we only rode 3 blocks to a restraurant, I was quite impressed with the interior.  Seemed to have lots of room.

I don't know about the Edge being towable, but as a previous Edge owner, I can tell you that it is  fantastic car!  I LOVED it!  Tons of room, found it to get really good mileage on the highway (when I was on it!) :) 

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom