An almost first timer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppet

I'm very interested in becoming a full timer. I'm not retired, I don't have a family and I'm on the younger side. I think being a full timer would be a very economical way of living which very much appeals to me. I'm working hard to do as much research as I can so when I get to the point I fill comfortable buying an RV I'll be as ready as I can be. So that's what brings me here.

I would love to find a way to work from home. I doubt I'll start to travel the second I buy an RV but I highly doubt I'll sit still forever either. I know workamping is one way to bring in income but I would love to find out about other options as well so I know what all is open to me. All I want is something that can give me a liveable wage and afford me the option to travel if I choose it.

So do any of you have jobs you do from your rv or anything that is web based? Do you find the best and easiest source of income is side work and workamping? If you've done both which do you prefer?

My very curious mind is dying to know.

Workamping (in campgrounds) is more to help cover expenses than to bring a livable wage. If you really need a living wage, you need to be looking for regular employment while living in the RV.

Some professions need mobile people who can follow the jobs around, e.g. construction labor and management, nurses and medical techs, oil field workers, crop harvesting, seasonal sales, entertainment (e.g. carnivals & shows), etc.  You can also follow the boom areas, e.g. the Dakota oil fields are booming now and all kinds of labor is in high demand - not just oilmen. Restaurant & retail workers, auto mechanics, bank tellers, etc.  There  are always a lot of support infrastruture jobs in an area that is booming due to new construction or other economic expansion.

Hello Poppet and welcome to The RV Forum.

Gary pretty well laid out the answers.  About anything that you can do over the internet would fit the bill.  Medical coding comes to mind too.  I have a sister-in-law who does that and it can be done from anywhere.  I have a nephew that does wine sales inside Sam's Clubs.  That too can include travel.  Lots of those kinds of jobs around.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

I work in IT.  A large percentage of thi IT staff at my company work remotely. As long as you have a good internet connection and a phone you are good to go.  It doesnt matter where you are..home, rv, grandma's house.  I havent had a traditional office in years.

Back
Top Bottom