1987 C30 chevy chassis, what shocks are the right ones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RabbitCTSV

I have a 1987 RV with a C30 chassis. I was under it the the other day adding some heat trace on my tanks , and noticed that all my shocks were bad, my RV is a 1987 Monaco Diplomat. I called them and they had no info for me, so Im on my own, Short of taking them off and going threw every shock at the parts house is there a place or a way to find out what shocks i will need for from and back?

thinking the front might be the C30 shocks but for the More or moore ride i cant find any info. any help please, thanks

called Mor/ ryde and they gave me the shocks for their shock number  : Bilstine  #24-01-3987 and mor/ryde # uo 109-008

dont know the front , or the other rears,

called Monoco and their records go back to 1998 and thats it.

Are you sure you have a C30 base, and not a P-30.  My '87 Pace Arrow is a p-30 w/454 chevy.  5 years ago, I replaced my shocks with Monroes from OReilly Auto parts for about $37.00 each.  The rear  uses 2 on each side.  I've put 25,000 miles on them with no problems.  Bilsteins and Koni were too expensive for my wallet.  Eddie Elk.

i was told it was c30 by the seller but could be wrong, ill check the shocks for both. so i guess when you looked up the chassis the shocks came up and was a direct fit? the fronts seem to have a pressed on nut and not something i can uncrew, does this sound like yours ? never seen this looks to be factory

I agree with Eddie, while I'm not 100% sure, I believe that the C designation was the pick up and van chassis and the P's are what class A mh's were built on (delivery type truck chassis)

My front shocks used a shaft bolted thru the frame onto which you bolted the shock.  The rear ones were a problem.  The ones I removed were the orignal Monroes which Oreilly couldn't match the #'s on. I went online and printed the Monroe truck catalog and  found the size that I needed.  Since the rear used 2 on either side, they were much smaller than the front shocks. I'm in S. Texas for the winter and my "87 is at home. The Bilstein rear #' are B46-2023 which Oreillys can use for cross-referencing.  One of my front shock leaked after 4 years, and Oreillys replaced under their warranty. I haven't has any problems getting parts for my P-30 Chevy.  Eddie Elk.

One thing to note about earlier P30 chassis and Biltstein shocks.
There was an issue where the Biltsteins were stiff enough that the shock brackets had to be reinforced or replaced - not sure which. I don't recall the years affected, but I believe at one time there was a warning sheet in the box. The Biltstein web site might have some info.

The Monroe part# numbers are:Front 557003
                                                Rear 557004 or 34792, depends on whether you have Mor Ryde or not.
That chassis would be a P-30. C-30 is a pickup and G-30 a van.
J

34footer said:
The Monroe part# numbers are:Front 557003
                                                Rear 557004 or 34792, depends on whether you have Mor Ryde or not.
That chassis would be a P-30. C-30 is a pickup and G-30 a van.
J

yes I have a Mor Ryde, so I have a p-30 chassis? thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom