2012 RVForum QZ Rally - Arrivals and rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Another great day on the desert . . .  :)

Wendy and Mike arrived today. Good to see them again!!! Wendy and I chatted about the firering placement and decided to leave it where it is - which it appears now is exactly where it was last year. The weird thing is that it is almost empty of ashes and doesn't appear to have been cleaned as such.

The group that park down from us still has not shown -- perhaps they will not be coming this year. So if you are farther down on the West end it appears you won't be bothered as such. The happy hour this evening is ususally about the center of the rally, so you can either stay settled where you are or move down closer to the firering.

Of course, it really wasn't a "fire" ring tonight -- more just a ring.  :(  We need firewood. If you haven't arrived as yet you might try to pick up a couple of bundles. For those of us already here, there are a number vendors selling wood on Keuhn and on Main street.

The ATTENDEE LIST is up to 42 as of this evening with 14 on site. It is very dynamic now so keep checking as to the latest adds, changes, and/or deletes.

And finally, the weather so far is close to what we hope it will be each year in Quartzsite. Since my arrival a week or so ago it has been getting better each day. Mid 70's again today . . .  8)

The group that park down from us still has not shown -- perhaps they will not be coming this year.

I heard they have moved to another area.

ArdraF

So who brought the crappy weather with them? Chance of showers, all cloudy this a.m. (not an ampy day), and it's a bit breezy.

Ardra, now that we've apparently driven the riffraff out of the neighborhood, we'll be able to expand into their old area. And by the number of attendees on the list for this year, and the way the list seems to grow every year, we'll need that space. And that's a good thing. Go, RV Forum!!

Debby and I are on our way and will be there this afternoon. Please tell Jerry that I'll try not to poke any fun at him in Quartzsite, but that I can't promise anything. Sometimes the devil just makes me do it! And, as you warned, I will beware of his elbows. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Randy

What if they held a Happy Hour and no one came ?

Attachments

• Qtz_Lonely_Happy_Hour (Small).jpg
    Qtz_Lonely_Happy_Hour (Small).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 101
Wendy said:
What if they held a Happy Hour and no one came ?

Good for Dave and Marilyn,
But I don't do 18 mph winds with  36 mph gusts, as it would blow away the popcorn.  Hoping weather improves so we can prove Linda S wrong for not coming to Q.
Betty

:)  Well enjoy today. low wind and warm. Hopefully the wind will stay down today. See you guys at happy hour!!! Henry

RLSharp said:
My Linda S is here

Sorry Richard, I meant Linda Stock.  So many friends, so many initials.  I am in Yuma now so the weather in Q should turn beautiful.

I'll be back Tuesday.

Betty

About 15 minutes after that non-happy hour photo was taken - you couldn't see the hills in the background, nor the ones to the west of Section 541.  Last night we even brought in our awnings, flags, and whirl-a-gigs which we seldom do.  One of Jerry's yellow foam "thingies" that he puts on the corner of the slides so people don't walk into them came off in the wind during the night.  I'm guessing it's in the next county by now, but if anyone sees it, please do bring it home.  ::)

ArdraF

I think I saw a dog walking around with it in it's mouth. Maybe tonight happy hour can be two hours. Here's a few pics of the area

Hwishard said:
I think I saw a dog walking around with it in it's mouth. Maybe tonight happy hour can be two hours. Here's a few pics of the area

Gordon does NOT have it. He has enough toys. However, I suspect that if he sees it on one of our walks, he will bring it home for you :)

Wendy

Five energetic folks took off at 10:45 am for the 10 am morning walk. We were late but we were hearty. And shame on you to those who skipped the morning walk.

After no Happy Hour last night due to high winds (yeah, I know a small group ate dust down at the west end), we had a great big Happy Hour tonight. Lots of newbies, lots of snacks. Introductions took awhile but we got thru them and were pleased to welcome so many to their first RV Forum rally and others to their first ever visit to Quartzsite.

Plans are for All-You-Can-Eat Shrimp at Grubstake on Wednesday night and a Luau on Thursday night with PuPus at Happy Hour. Dig out your aloha shirts, grass skirts and cool hats and join 100 of your closest friends for Happy Hour.

Adios from the beautiful Arizona desert.
Wendy

A few pics of this evenings happy hour as Wendy described. And we still have a number of rigs yet to arrive. You will need to scroll the group shot.

It was nice meeting the nice new folk -- and renewing existing friendships.

Attachments

• QZSundayGroup.JPG
    QZSundayGroup.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Don.jpg
    Don.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Betsy.jpg
    Betsy.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 85
  • MargaretHenry.jpg
    MargaretHenry.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Qz7717.jpg
    Qz7717.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 90
  • RimaJackBetsy.JPG
    RimaJackBetsy.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 86
  • SueCarolLucy.jpg
    SueCarolLucy.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 83
Ardra:
I'm guessing it's in the next county by now, but if anyone sees it, please do bring it home. 

I think I saw it go whizzing by at warp speed here in Camp Verde.  We had heavy winds and a light sprinkle of rain last night.  It's 10:30 pm here and already down to 35  burrr degrees; we are very much looking forward to warmer sunny weather in QZ.  Scheduled to arrive Wednesday, that is if Tim gets his over-night express mail package delivered on time.

Marsha~

We had a better than expected group at morning coffee today.  I will make more coffee tomorrow.  I hope everyone can make it again.

Here is a pic of some of the group.  More showed up a little later.

Paul

Attachments

• Yuma and Quartzsite 002 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Yuma and Quartzsite 002 (1200 x 900).jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 107
Thanks Paul. Everyone looks cold (brr).

Looks like I should split this long topic to put rally arrivals/activities/updates into their own topic.

Edit: Done; These messages were split/moved from the QZ rally signup topic.

My niece has a pattern for a dog sweater that I don't quite understand. We need HELP! Maybe today at happy hour somebody would offer??? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom