2012 RVForum QZ Rally - Arrivals and rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron:

You should have been here. I couldn't get a foursome for golf. :-\

We probably won't make it to QZ this year.  We are still waiting for the arrival of parts to fix our 5th wheel's suspension system.

The bright side is that we are spending the time furnishing our new casita at the Benson SKP park.

Jeannine & Dan

[quote author=garyb1st]My email links are taking me to the old thread.[/quote]

Hi Gary,

What email links? Care to post one or more of the links and the context in which they're placed?

TIA.

Tom,  this one from Lucyakers.

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by lucyakers.
View the reply at: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=45358.new;topicseen#new

Gary 

Ah, thanks Gary. My brain wasn't thinking 'email notifications'.

Here's what happened with that one ..... Lucy posted her response to the old topic, which is why the email notification points there. I subsequently moved Lucy's message to this new topic, but that would have been after the automated email notification went out. I subsequently locked the old topic, which should prevent that happening again with that topic.

Yesterday we went to town and as we were driving on Main St. we noticed the BBQ place across from Silly Al's Pizza is no longer there.  Several other businesses are in its place.  This is important for those of us who drive down Tyson Wash to go to town because the exit from the wash is next to what was the BBQ place.  From above it looks almost like it's been fenced off, but Jerry walked over and looked at it.  Said it's still accessible by car.  Just don't use the big BBQ sign as a landmark 'cause it isn't there!

ArdraF

To all Y'all at "Q".

We're back in our park at Phoenix, we wanted to stay longer, but we have tickets to fly to Florida for a few days.
We LOVED "Q", especially happy hour and getting acquainted with everyone.  We will return.  We look forward to
seeing you in Moab. 

Safe Travels ! ! !

Larry & Loretta Dodd
Edmond OK

The sun was out today -- and with the rain last night that cleared the air of dust, it was a great day. A bit of wind that I understand will not be tomorrow.

The ATTENDEE list is about finalized - with 44 signed up and 38 having arrived. The Qz rally just keeps growing with more new members attending each year.  :)

Have attached a couple of wide pics of the clear day -- with lotsa rigs and RVForum folk around the ever growing evening happy hour firering circle. I love this firering!!! We made it really big a few years back - and last year members moved every rock to the current location. So it is just as big and fun to be around with friends.

BTW, the panoramic was taken with my Samsung Charge Smartphone using the built in auto sweep pano feature.

And the group around the firering was taken with my Canon 50D armed with Ray and Liza's Canon 10-22mm wide angle lens.

Attachments

• TuesdayHappyHour.jpg
    TuesdayHappyHour.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 73
  • SamsungChargePano(2).jpg
    SamsungChargePano(2).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 68
Todays morning walkers.

I am sorry but I didnt remember the name of the lady with  Ray and Liza.

Attachments

• Getting Ready.jpg
    Getting Ready.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Heading Out.jpg
    Heading Out.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Jerry&Ardra.jpg
    Jerry&Ardra.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Terry, Richard, Betty, Wendy.jpg
    Terry, Richard, Betty, Wendy.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Liza, Ray, New Lady.jpg
    Liza, Ray, New Lady.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks for the pics, Bob. We'll give a prize to anyone who identify everyone.

Some started the day with coffee and chat. Then 10 sturdy souls, including Betty who returned from Yuma early just to do the walk, hit the road for our 10 am 2-mile walk. If you miss the walk, you'll never know what we said about you :)

Newbie Susan handled trash collection this morning. Yesterday, newbies David and Maggie, asked how trash worked. I said that a volunteer would pick up trash in the morning. He said "Oh, I could do that" and I asked if he was volunteering  ;D  So guess who's doing the trash tomorrow morning? Careful what you say with this group. But don't be afraid to be a newbie....we don't always assign you to trash collection :)

A special award was given this evening at Happy Hour to Liza who is the undisputed Toilet Paper Queen. Rumor has it that she had 1,000 rolls of TP in their coach at one time. The award was a beautiful embroidered roll of TP provided by Miss Lucy. You had to see it to believe how beautiful it was.

More fun to follow in the next few days including 4-wheel-drive runs, all-you-can-eat shrimp, geocaching, and a potluck. And don't forget the Luau on Thursday with lots of great pupus (Hawaiian hors d'ouevres). Let's see just how creative you can be with your attire. We don't even care if you wear long-johns under your bikini or aloha shirt.

Wish you were all here. We are just having way too much fun.

Wendy
Qtz

Having missed the last  3 happy hours, I was  very happy to finally  attend tonight to  meet  all the new  attendees  and to greet the long time friends I have made here on this RVForum over the past 15 years.  I welcome Mike and Dea (and grand girls)  from Texas.  I met them at the Wildflower Rally in the Hill Country last  spring.  I'm sorry THE Big Larry left but we will seem them again in  Moab. I am glad our very good friend George V. came solo but sorry he did not want to attend the Big tent rally with  super crowds and a very cold breeze today.  I was happy to see my cousin Jim Logan and Claire return but have not had time to see what they have been up to  for the  past couple of years.  Barb and Frank showed up with a very tricked out  Jeep including  many recent  upgrades and monster tires .  I asked if they won the  Lottery.  Lou S has stories of the winds  in Blythe that  blew down the  stage areas of the Bluegrass Festival.  He said it was a memorable event.  I managed to sit  right in the direction of the smoke of a  very nice fire started tonight.  Lots of  Framily  contributed to the wood.  Jeff and  Sue made a run for Mexico today and have nice clean teeth but no new glasses today.  Sue does have a new plate. 

I met and had good discussion with Betsy, niece of Lucy of  whom I have heard good things for years!  Lucy and Betsy win for most energetic and longtime shoppers.  Gary and Maria  drove threw the Happy hour circle  a couple of times looking for  the perfectly level place to park. They may still be looking!  Mimi was not feeling well tonight and did not attend Happy hour but I still demand a rematch at Mexican train. I can win, I can win! Dean Stock is here solo and I keep wanting to call him  "Mr Stock" as his kids attended a school in my past life where I was  Principal.  Liza was such a humble  recipient of the toilet paper  roll.  I had a brief chance to talk again tonight with Sue K but need more time to get to know her .  Too Bad Bernie and Marlene went home early. Hope she is feeling better.  Russel Mahoney we miss you!  Wally and Helaine we miss you too.  Thank you to Paul for  making coffee but I don't get up that early.  Thank you to everyone who has read this much of a long post.  Next time Just be here.  You too can get the scoop. 

Betty

On our way back to camp for Happy Hour I spotted this rig on the parked just before the rally camp. It is called a Deco Liner built bt Randy Grubb from Grants Pass, Oregon.  More info about it can be found on Jay Leno's web site at the links below. The first link goes to a photo gallery with 43 pics and the second link goes to a video with Jay Leno talking to the Randy about it and Jay also takes it for a drive. The video is about 11 minutes so it may take a while to load and is a large file. 

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/photo-gallery/decoliner---photo-gallery/index.shtml#item=204583

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/Decoliner/1364218 

You can see our Yellow VW in reflection on theside of the Deco Liner.

Attachments

• DecolLiner1s.jpg
    DecolLiner1s.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DecoLiner2s.jpg
    DecoLiner2s.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 60
I have just arrived and the rally is dead. I didn't see a soul. You all must be off at the shows. If any one is going into town this afternoon I need a ride. They don't take plastic here and I didn't quite have enough cash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom