Anderson Anti sway weight distribution hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi am interested in purchasing a new Anderson anti sway weight distribution hitch. they are new only been out about a year. does anyone have any feedback on them. they different than anything i have seen Greg

Here is a link to another site that has a great thread on the Andersen Hitch. 

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f12/andersen-hitches-18959.html

It looks like it may be a pretty good setup.

Hi, I have seen the video and it looks like a great product. I even called Anderson and was able to talk to head of engineering. Naturally he had nothing but praise about the radical hitch style. It would be nice to here from some one who has used it. Thanks

It's still such a new product, you may be one of the first to try it!  Even in the thread on the other site, no one has tried there yet either. 

edjunior said:
Here is a link to another site that has a great thread on the Andersen Hitch. 

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f12/andersen-hitches-18959.html

It looks like it may be a pretty good setup.

Thanks for the link. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I can't believe how dense some of those people over there are, especially that guy from ProPride (mayhap he was biased?). He just couldn't grasp how the ball moves with the tongue.

Figuring out the theory for how it works doesn't take a rocket scientist (check this thread for more on the hitch). My concerns for it is how well the urethane springs will hold up to weather, how long will the friction material between the ball tapered shank and the tapered socket in the hitch head will hold up over time. I'm less worried about the clamps "wandering" but since the company is fairly new, will it be around to provide new consumables (urethane springs and brake lining cone) when they eventually wear out?

I would want to have at least one spare friction collar on hand - and maybe a couple to be safe for the long term. Start-up companies have a way of disappearing, even when they have good products or services. It's a tough world...

I also wonder how the friction device will hold up once it gets coated with road grime and such. Could well get "grabby" and I'll bet it no longer turns easily by hand the way they show. I would remove it from the receiver when not in use, to help protect it from weather and dirt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom