Looking for a rig model with the TV at comfortable height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMan508

Hello,

Last weekend I spent two hours looking at and falling in love with the 2008 Winnie Voyage. It was a 32' model, full wall slide with the 32" TV mounted at an angle to the left of the entry (basically at chest level).  It was a really nice height for my comfort (I don't like looking up).

Does anyone know of other Winnie/Itaska models (or other makers too) in the 25-32' range that have the TV down low? The unit I looked at is at the top of my price range and would like to find a slightly older more cost effective unit.  Did the Voyage replace another model with a similar setup?

Cheers,

Eric

Edit by John:  changed message icon to topic solved

My 2004 Itasca Suncruiser has the TV right behind the passenger seat  at chest height (eye level when sitting in the recliner).  I don't know if subsequent models offered it the same way.  I like it for the same reason you mention - you don't have to look up.  It's the same in my house as in my MH.

Sheltie,

What is the model number of your RV?  I looked up the general model/year and there are many floor plans with the TV up high.

-Eric

If you can go up 8', the Itasca Horizon and its twin the Winnebago Vectra 40AD floorplan has the TV directly across from the couch - this is one major reason we chose the floorplan.

It's only my dog and I traveling so a 40' RV is really big.  My biggest concern is that even with a 32' RV I may not be able to fit in many of the National Parks and Forests. What has been your experience finding places to stay with your big rig?

EMan508 said:
Sheltie,

What is the model number of your RV?  I looked up the general model/year and there are many floor plans with the TV up high.

-Eric

Mine is a 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R.  It is setup with four distinct areas:  bedroom,  bathroom, kitchen and then living room.  For a gasser of that age it's the best - for me - that I saw while looking for a long time as far as the setup was concerned.  FWIW, if you think 40' is too much RV as far as room is concerned, you will quickly find out that it isn't! :)  That said, there are a lot of benefits to having one that is 28' or shorter.  Also much depends on whether you intend to fulltime or not.  Good luck in your hunting.

One more idea to consider. We had a '92 Bounder with the factory TV in the usual spot up at the ceiling between the front seats. This was way before the era of flat screens.  I removed the factory TV, built a cabinet door with a framed painting on the front and had an additional storage area. The top of the "doghouse" was pretty flat, so I set a 24" TV on top of the doghouse and wired it up. That summer we drove the Alaska Highway and all the way up and back, the TV did not move an inch - it was heavy enough to stay put. The height relative to the chairs was just about perfect. You could do pretty much the same thing by enclosing a new flat screen in some kind of a custom cabinet.

Eric -

We had an '08 Voyage 32H before we bought our Tour. That is one sweet floor plan. And, the TV location was definitely well-placed.

The 32H floor plan was introduced as a Voyage/Sunrise in 2008. The Voyage/Sunrise names were retired the next year. But, the 32H lives on as an Adventurer/Suncruiser.

Hope that helps,
Mary

You may want to check out the Vista 30T,mine has a 42" tv directly across from the sofa....perfect height!...........tom

We took the 12 volt tv out of the nook between the front seats and I too have a storage area.  We have the hookups for the TV in the bay and the cable in the niche.  I bought a 26 inch tv and set it on the dash.  When we are traveling I unhook it and have a padded small blanket I wrap it in and place beside the second row recliner, fits right in between it and the wall.  In the back a smaller tv replaced that 12 inch one, its on an arm and I have a stretch tie across and fastened to the cabinet when traveling.  These seem to work well.  We can see the front tv from anywhere in the front,  seats, couch, while cooking, from the table.  Works well for us, have an old 92 Eagle.

Right now I have a small stacked drawer unit in the front hole and haven't decided how to fix it yet, I want to maximize the storage there.

Rather than search endlessly for an RV with a TV in the right location I would suggest buying the RV that you like the best and moving the TV. It is not all that hard.

Check out my post on page 3 of the Winnebago specific issues, the title is "Our Winnie Class C remodeled for two"  Regards, Dick 

here is an affordable one, the Rexhall style T.V. setup......

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/3639463549.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom