Winter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82corvette

It is winter in Nebraska, sun is shining, temps have been warmer than normal & only 2 small snows. I have the Traeger fired up smoking a roast & the temp is heading up with possibilities of 50 & 50's predicted all next week. The camper sets next door & all I want to do is load it & go camping. Am I crazy?

82corvette said:
The camper sets next door & all I want to do is load it & go camping. Am I crazy?

I'm about 130 miles north of Bill in Montana and it is a different world up here, no snow and daytime temperatures in the low 40s to 50s.  I have the same urge but almost everything is closed and especially where we would go.  I checked the long range forecast and moderate temperatures and very little if any snow through February.  This could be a fiery summer.  Crazy world!!!

I don't know how crazy it is.. Last winter, where I am at, was one of the worst (Worst in 22 years) and thus, this winter is mild so as to maintain the average.

We've got a lot of confused flowers and trees here in SW Missouri - probably in for a rude surprize next month.

The Canadians don't seem to mind our temps here.  This Canadian is a Goose however.  -5 that morning.  The water is in a marsh created by geyser overflow, so heated and moving.  The grasses freeze whatwever moisture gets near it.

Attachments

• 20120127-IMG_9774.jpg
    20120127-IMG_9774.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 26
I just read yesterday here in Texas the drought is going to intensify this summer.  We are getting a half, inch of rain now and then, anything is welcome.  But its not enough to make it right.  I hear of foundations cracking all over the place.  I'm sure its a combination of little rain and subsidence too as the acquifers are depleted.  With it this warm now, I dread the summer. It says it will be 78 today, but its overcase so that is to be seen yet.  This is crazy weather even for here in January.

Back
Top Bottom