Looking for RV spare parts in the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stealthbusa

Hi,

Can anyone advise me of a good supplier of RV spare parts in the UK?

I am looking for gas struts for the lockers, so far it's working out at around ?400 importing them from the US.

I am also looking to fit a rear view camera, I would like to keep an eye on the boat whilst travelling. This brings me on to Sat Nav and a radio, the radio needs replacing. So advice on a unit that would fit in the dash (where the radio was), provide FM radio, iPod connection and a rear view camera screen and sat nav that I can input the RV's dimension in to. I know I want my cake however I hate cables running across the dash.

Any help would be much appreciated, the RV arrives in 3 wks and I want to get cracking.

Thanks again.

Ian

I had to look up the meaning of the word "spares" since it is not a word that I have ever heard of in connection with RVs. Wikipedia says it is a slang term for spare parts. You might want to edit the title of the thread to say "spare parts" and I think that would get you more replies.

Ian, are you looking for sources in the UK? We have a list of Sources for new and old parts under the Resources button above. However, we don't have a list of UK sources. Hopefully, one of our UK members will have some info for you.

Itchy Feet  www.itchyfeet.biz
Ridgeset  www.ridgesetrv.co.uk
ABP Accessories  www.abp-accessories.co.uk
LAS Motorhomes  www.lasmotorhomes.com
Stingray  www.stingrayRV.com
Oakwell  www.oakwellmotorhomes.com
Travelworld  www.travelworldrv.co.uk 
Mobile RV  www.mobilerv.com/
Signature  www.signaturemotorhomes.com
Dudleys  www.dudleys-rv.com
RV Spares  www.motorhomemedics.com/
Star Spangled Spanner  www.starspangledspanner.com

And here is a general list with loads of names on it.  http://www.ouramericandreambooks.com/page4.html

Can't speak for all of them, but we bought our RV new from, and in is maintained by, Dudleys. They are the only aurthorized Winnebago Dealer in Europe, and are excellent.

For accessories and bits, I use Mobile RV, RV Spares and Star Spangled. They all keep loads of stuff and are very good at getting spares from the USA.
And I am told that Signature is very good in all respects.

That will keep you busy and I hope that it all helps and that you find what you need.    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gents,

Many thanks for the advice and guidance it is much appreciated.

I shall start my homework this afternoon and report back on the final install.

Thank you all again.

Ian

Thanks SuperMike. I recognize a couple of those names, but had forgotten about them  :-[

I'll get them added to our Resources menu.

We now have a page for RV Parts in the UK linked in our Resources menu above. However, in reviewing the various web sites, it's not obvious that they all provide spare parts. I've contacted several of the companies and, depending on their replies, will either change the links to their spare parts page, or remove them from the list.

I can second Star Spangled Spanner, a guy called Duncan very helpful in obtaining spares.
Loddy

....it's not obvious that they all provide spare parts. I've contacted several of the companies ...

Very disappointing response; Only one took the time to reply (several months later), and he explained they didn't sell parts.

Tom said:
Very disappointing response; Only one took the time to reply (several months later), and he explained they didn't sell parts.

You might have got a poor responce Tom, but trust me of the twelve I listed, they all sell Spares and eight of them are RV dealers.    ;D

Thanks Mike.

... they all sell Spares and eight of them are RV dealers.

Hm, I wonder why one of them told me they don't sell spares; Maybe you know something they don't  ???

Meanwhile, I didn't edit them out of our list.

Another idea for the struts would be to change then over to the automobile rear hatch type. they may be easier and cheaper to find.

Back
Top Bottom