CRT to LCD changeout in 32' Pursuit by Buddy Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

One More; this is removal of the 27-inch Sony boat anchor and replacing with a Dynex 32-inch HD Flat Screen.

MH: 2006 32-foot Pursuit

I measured the cabinet interior after removing the Sony and went to Best Buy and measured every 32-inch TV they had. The Dynex is 0.5-inch narrower than any other TV so it fit (tight).

I mounted it to the ceiling of the cabinet with a conventional wall mount (just in case).

I then installed a wire grate to support the TV in place (HD TV's are shorter than standard so i had about 4-inches to work with under the TV.

In installed elastomer mounts top and bottom of the TV and similarly for the Blue Ray DVD player which is centered below the TV.

I ran HDMI inputs from the Travel'r Antenna Receiver and the Blue Ray player to the the rear inputs of the TV. I also installed the XM antenna (on the Travel'r roof pass through) and ran the wires for 12 VDC power and the audio to the radio Aux input.

The 12V wiring and audio are run through a plastic channel (Lowes or Home Depot) placed just ahead of the drivers door. I fused the XM power at 10A and connected it to the Radio fuse.

I used opaque black plastic to cover the area below the TV. Its in three pieces so the center can be removed to use the DVD player (we rarely use it). Covers are secured with Velcro.

The original frame was then reinstalled over the whole thing with no modifications. The XM received is Velcro attached to the frame. Unfortunately, the dog ate two of the oak color wooden plugs; anyone know where to get these?

Everything works and stays where its been put!

Ernie

Attachments

• TVMount1292.jpg
    TVMount1292.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 99
  • TVInstall1292.jpg
    TVInstall1292.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 85
  • PetuniaPig1292.jpg
    PetuniaPig1292.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 87
  • TVFinished1292.jpg
    TVFinished1292.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 102
Perfect. When I bought our coach last April, we changed out to Dynex- which I was told is Best Buys brand. Great picture and weighs and produces a lot less heat then the old boat anchors.

Back
Top Bottom