Flexsteel captains chairs - removing from the pedestal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Troy

Anyone know how to do this? I need to get under the dash and the seat is in the way.

If your captains chairs are anything like mine, there are just 4 bolts under the chair holding it to the floor. Just make sure you unplug any of the electrical connections first before chair removal.

Bill

Bill is correct. 4 nuts hold the chair to platform. after you unscrew those and disconnect electric, if your chairs have elec. you can lift the chair up. The platform is scured with one nut in the middle. After you remove the nut and nylon and steel washers, rotate the platform 90 degrees and then you can lift it up. There is also a cable attached to that base that may either be attached to the chair or a lever on the platform.
The 4 bolts that hold the base on the floor are either self tappers or have a large washer and nut under the coach.  Usually this is in the wheel well. If needed removal, spray PB blaster on the threads- will make it easier to remove.

On my '87 Pace Arrow, the platform to which the chair is bolted to has the front higher than the back to give the seat a slight lean to the rear. Make sure that you remount the seat in the same position.  The first time I remounted the seat, I leaned a little to the left, which didn't feel right, so I had to correct it. Eddie Elk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom