06 Moab Daily Activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
06 RV Forum? Moab Rally Events? Developed 4/30/06? subject to revision

MONDAY? May 1
? Park Ave. Easy hike at Arches.? Leave park at 9 am.? ?Canyonlands by Night Boatride/dinner.? Leave park at 6:15 .? Dinner is at 6:30 on the Patio. Pay Ron Ruward site 4? $45.50 per person

TUESDAY May 2.? Trail Rides and hikes.? See sign up boards

WEDNESDAY? May 3
Pot Luck Breakfast Brunch 10 am.
Red Hat Desserts 1:00? and shopping.
RV Movie? at Slickrock Theater.? Movie begins at 7 pm. 580 Kane Creek.? Turn right at Burger King.

THURSDAY May 4? Firey Furnace hike. Leave Park at 8:30.? ? OPEN ACTIVITY DAY

FRIDAY May 5? ?Be there by? 8am.? ?Horseback Riding Trail Ride $63.00 per person.? See Marsha? in site 6 to sign up

SATURDAY May 6? ? Last Lunch? ? Ron Maribito will? coordinate times and places.

SUNDAY May 7? ? ?Depart Portal

All events are subject to change without notice pending weather and whims.? Watch the Board in Betty?s motorhome Site 3 for daily updates.? You do not have to do any of these events.? Other non scheduled but fun events to be planned are:

Happy Hours at 4:30 Daily awards presentations of? ?Make My Day?," Helping Hands Chicks" and "Duhhhh."? ?Evening walks, morning photo shoots, evening photo shoots.? Computer? repair. Roof drilling 101.

Thanks for gettings us organized Betty and thanks for posting the schedule.

FWIW the master roof driller (someone you know very well) has tentatively planned 'Roof drilling 101' to coincide with the Red Hat event on Wednesday. Of course, this assumes that the 'student' will complete the repairs/rebuilding and painting of his roof mount prior to that.

I note that Robin Williams' move "RV" is scheduled as an activity.  We would love to hear reports and reactions on the movie.

Smoky said:
I note that Robin Williams' move "RV" is scheduled as an activity.  We would love to hear reports and reactions on the movie.

Smoky

Marlene and I were able to view the movie during FMCA-Pomona at the pre-screening they had. We both found it enjoyable tho over the top in a number of situations. Marlene doesn't enjoy Robin William's shtick as much as I so she didn't enjoy the movie as much as I did. You'll find most of what happens to be things that have already happened to you, or will in the future :D  Gee, I wonder if Joe Lacy was invovlved in writing it ??? ;D ???

BernieD said:
Gee, I wonder if Joe Lacy was invovlved in writing it ??? ;D ???

From the trailers, I thought it was his biography :)

Thanks Bernie!

I think RVung and humor go hand in glove together.  Add Robin Williams and it should be terrific.  I am looking forward to seeing it.

A Moab Activity first!
Thanks to the suggestion by Ron Maribitio, we held a breakfast brunch potluck at 10 am this morning.  Doris was out early  cleaning off tables in the pavilion.  The food started swarming in.  We had hoe cakes, breakfast casseroles. fruit, strudels, ham, spicy sausages, chicken mcnuggets, breakfast pizza, French toast, biscuits and gravy, muffins, rolls , coffee cake,  fresh Starbuck coffee.  And even more.

Request for recipes please.

Betty

Forum Floozies Festival,

On May 3, 2006 At 1:00  pm sharp the RV Forum floozies met the Moab Forever Young Red Hatters on the corner of Main and Center Street.  We recognized one another at once even though we had never met. May have been the Red Hats to give it away.

Due to the warmth of the day we walked one short block to the local Ice cream store chattering all the way and all talking at once.  We were so thrilled to exchange stories with these special Moab women who took us into their fold so warmly.  After ice cream and making of plans for next year our Floozies  divided into two groups, those who wanted to shop and those who wanted to go back to camp.  We laughed and shopped and bought.  Plans for next year include lunch at the Moab senior center and they promised a fashion show if we told them early enough of our plans.  Minutes respectfully submitted and pictures to follow after my nap.

Betty

Here is a Photo of the RV Forum Red Hats as the readied for the days event.

Attachments

• Red Hats (Large).jpg
    Red Hats (Large).jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom