Seilerbird buys a bread truck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim @ Fran said:
total newbie.....what is QZ you are referring to?????    going to make our first trip in july...

Check the temps for Quartzsite in July.  It will likely  be in the triple digits.  Most of us leave the desert in  summer.  Quartzsite in the winter  is a social  phenomena. Several hundred thousand RV's congregate especially during the  last 2 weeks of January during the  big RV Show. 

going to make our first trip in july....thanks

Don't go to Quartzsite in July!  There's nothing there but a McDonalds, Carl's Jr. and a couple of truckstops sweltering in temperatures that can exceed 110 or even 120 degrees.

But during the winter months when the rest of the country is snowed in the weather is comfortable and it's a nice place for snowbirds to economically wait for the rest of the country to warm up.  You can stay for reasonable prices in one of the 70 or so RV parks in town, or camp at ridiculously low prices or even for free on the 25+ square miles of open desert that BLM has made available surrounding the town.

seilerbird said:
...film at 11.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/rvs/2803745349.html

This link doesn't work. I guess I missed out on it.

Re Quartzite....July trip is to Glacier and maybe up into Canada....We go to the Florida Keys in Jan and feb so wont be able to attend in Jan but sounds like a fun trip....thanks for info...

seilerbird said:
Next year I hope to do the Major League Baseball tour in 2013 and I will definitely need a toad for that. I plan on spending a week in each major league city and not only take in a game, but I am also going to going to zoos, museums, aquariums, planetariums and Imax theaters in each town.

When you get to the Cincinnati area, I'd love to get together, if you can work that in.  We're about an hour south.

Back
Top Bottom