Tanks, fresh water, freezing weather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aMarie

I just read the thread about the best way to dump gray/black water. Makes perfect sense, thanks!  Although I'm unclear as to how this works when the outside temps are below freezing.
Tuesday we plan to go for a week to a full hook up campsite. I'm "assuming" we should not leave the sewer/gray water hose hooked up on site, just roll it out and dump as needed?  What about city water? I'm also assuming it would be better not to use it, unless needed, as the hose will freeze... just hook it up - to refill the water tank- as needed? 

The RV park has wifi, I'll probably be asking a lot of questions that week  :-[

aMarie

If it is going to be freezing out then I would not roll out any hoses. The big problem comes when you try and roll up a frozen pipe. When I stay in RV parks I do not hook up to the sewer and water. Then once a week I use my space as a dump station. I always take my showers in the campground showers so I can take long showers and not have to have my hoses attached. That makes setting up and tearing down easier for me.

Re the hoses.

You connect the sewer, dump both grey and black water tanks and then put the hose away.  The same with the water, you fill your tank, then put the hose back inside.  Nothing will freeze when you do it like this.

If you have heated tanks, they will keep the tank compartments from freezing.  You might want to check to see if you have that capability.

Marsha~

Thank you, that is what seemed like common sense to me too.  We're just counting the hours until we leave on Tuesday. All is supposed to be well with the new RV. My car is loaded and ready to pack it up and make it homey!  We're really looking forward to traveling to a warmer state next month and meeting new RV friends as well!

aMarie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom