Indian Hills Campground in Tehatchapi, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Has anyone ever stayed at Indian Hills campground in Tehatchapi, CA?  My husband is going to be working in Tehatchapi and we are looking for a cg in or near the jobsite.  Any ideas are welcome.  This cg came up on my google search and it looks pretty good.  The job won't be starting until probably the end of March.  TIA appreciate any info....Mikie

We stayed there about 9 years ago.  It wasn't bad.  It is for self-contained units only.  We were there during Tehachapi Mountain Weekend and they were crowded and we had to park in the pasture with water & electric.  In order to dump our tanks we had to go to a vacant site and the morning we left there wasn't any vacant sites.  Had to go down the road some to find a dump.  It was OK but I can't give it high marks.

Fox Owner,
Thanks for the response.  Did you happen to see any snakes?  I'm told there are a lot of rattle snakes in that area!  Not liking that idea too much!!!

Thanks again,
Mikie

Is this the same campground that is pretty far out of town and built on a hillside?  If so we stayed there once years ago and had trouble finding a level spot.  It also was pretty remote then - not sure about now because the town may have built out that way in the intervening years.

ArdraF

Take a look at rvparkreviews.com

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Tehachapi.html

Mountain Valley is a lot closer to the town.

ken

We didn't see any rattlesnakes but I know that the area has them as my son lived in Tehachapi for 2 years and he liked tent camping.  I believe it is not that far out of town.  The sites appeared fairly level.  We were in the pasture and you could hear the coyotes at night but not close.  It is quiet don't get highway noises.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom