Maiden Voyage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koalamazed

We got a 2006 aljo model 2980. and took it out for its maiden voyage on groundhogs day. so its name for now shall be "Captain Groundhog"

we went to Florence, OR.  stayed at honeyman state park, via the scenic viewpoint above sea lion caves.

we have made this trip many times before, but in our 1983 kit companion 244 bunkhouse. things were WAY different!

first off, more room for everything. lots more room. everything is automatic, self igniting, electric, or otherwise easy!

We like to leave the night before our planned arrival date at honeyman. We arrived at our favorite roadside sleeping spot at 2am. weather was clear, no wind, big bright moon and like 12 fishing boats out at sea. the ocean was like glass and the moon reflected off it nicely.

slid out the slide, flipped on the furnace and  got in bed for a warm nights sleep. it was awesome!

we got to honeyman and setup was effortless. the weather was clear and sunny all weekend.

I was almost disappointed, cause I wanted to see how waterproof it was in the normal rainy weather!

I do have to make a few small repairs though. somehow the front exterior utility light lens got broken. where do I get one of those?
I ordered 5 new cargo door catches, because all of the ones on the trailer are already broken, I didnt notice when we were doing our walkthrough.
the water heater plug drips. one drip per minute or so.
and the bedroom slider door, the screws in the top of the door that hold the hardware that runs in the slider/roller track pulled out. looks like they should have used fully threaded screws, but the screws threads dont start for about an inch down the shank, and thats how much pulled out. I dont even know how to get it out of the track to fix it.... any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom