how much do i way?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi ,new to the site.i bought a 98 prowler 31g.im trying to figure the weight of this so i can be safe.the title says 6450lb.but only tag on lf side of trailer says GVWR 9200lb.GAWR 4300 per axle.but nowhere has GVW.and was also told combined axle rating was most always a higher number than GVWR. which in this case is not.a bit confused.i bought a 10,000lb hith with weight distribution of 12,500.also need to figure tongue weight and hoping this hitch is going to work.pulling with 99 f350 7.3l.just  confused about everything at this point.there are a few local stone pits nearby with scales and a cat scale close by.i dont know ,maybe i just need to weight it. please help.

Trailers GVWR is just that.  Its gross weight limit.  Most trailers will have between 12 and 15% of their actual weight as tongue weight.  So if your GVWR is 9200 pounds then the tongue weight will be approx 1000 pounds.  Load everything up for a camping trip and go to the scales.  Weigh the truck both hitched and unhitched.  Let us know the mumbers.  BTW IMHO you should be good to go.

thank you.i will do exactly that ,weight it.and also,what should the ball hitch be rated for?10,000lb?the ball i have is 6000lb but dont feel a piece ofmind with that.

A 6K ball is a bit light IMHO.  Yes you want a good one.  Not one of those chrome show pieces.  And they are not cheap.  Since your trailer is under 10K I would think a 10K hitch ball would be sufficient.

thanks,wasnt sure on that.probably hit up the local rv shop,every body else just sells junk.i ckecked u haul ,they only had up to 6000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom