National Parks in Utah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlGriefer

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of taking a few detours on the way back to Las Vegas from Moab and visiting Capitol Reff, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Parks.  Has anyone made that trip?  If so, which roads did you travel on?  some of them look pretty minimum.

Al

Al

A few of us will be going to Torrey, UT (Capital Reef) from Moab. Apparantly there are some "adequate" roads. I can't comment on the roads from Capital Reef to Bryce Canyon, but from there to Zion is easy roads.

Join us at Torrey after Moab rally.

I am going the southern route because the stretch of 95 between natural bridges and hanksville is said to be very scenic.

Moab to Blanding hywy 191
Blanding to Hanksville  hywy 95
to Torry on hywy 24
to brice on 12. Over bear mt through Boulder (small museum), across a neat hogback to escalante. Just beyond is a too small for your rig Cg with a petrified forest (stout climb up a hill to get to it).

Stay at Ruby's at entrance to brice canyon and take car to kodachrome basin.
Down 89 to Zion. Stay in Kanab if your rig is too big for tunnel at east entrance to Zion. More wind sculptures sold at a shop just beyond the west entrance.

I have been on all these roads with my CC

Well if you go From Bryce to Zion, you should be OK.  Take the most direct route, US-89 south to west on State Highway 9.  There is a long tunnel on that road.  They stop traffic on both sides, charge you $10 per coach, and tell you to stay on the center line.  Height is, I think, 13'-6" but not real sure about that.  I know we measured the 3-rigs we traveled with(all motorhomes), and had to remove a CB antenna as it would have been to tall.  Other than that it was no problem.  The tunnel is interesting and is not straight.  It even has windows along the way (that was so they had a place to throw the rock out).  After the tunnel you will enter an area of lots of switch backs, but you will be going downhill (about 3,000 feet).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom