Northern border crossings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Attached is an Excel file containing 107 northern border crossings. Ferry crossings are not included.

Attachments

• Canadian Border Crossings.xls
    37.5 KB · Views: 35
I am embarrassed. I am unable to download the Canadian Border Crossing file in the above post. I have deleted my original file.? :'( Would someone be kind enough to send me a copy of it.

[email protected]

Thanks much, Tom. I don't know why I can't download from my post above. I get a PhotoParade Album screen.

JamesOne said:
I get a PhotoParade Album screen.

James,

You're the second person who has said that to me about different files in the last 24 hours. The other person was unable to download a Word file, although I had no problems with the download. After clicking on the link do you see the Windows dialog giving you the choice of opening the file with an application or downloading to disk?

Scratching my head ....

Not sure this is listed, but years ago when doing home design work, i went to Warroad, Mn and crossed at Longworth(?) on the way to Winnipeg doing an earthhome on Lake Winnipeg.  Don't know if that is still open or not.

Here is what I get when I try to download the file from my post above. It is a screen shot in MS Word.

I just tried to download the attached MS Word file and get the same screen. So it must be in my comuter settings. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• ScreenShot.doc
    86 KB · Views: 37
James,

When you click on any link here, the first thing that happens is that a file called index.php kicks in to tell the forum software which file or template to execute next, depending on which link you clicked. In the case of a download, after downloading the file association set in your browser should determine which application is opened on the PC.

For whatever reason, it appears that your PC and the other individual's appear to be trying to make an association with the the wrong file type.

My first reaction would be to suggest checking the file associations in your browser. However, the other individual's associations were set correctly.

The only other time I recall seeing this here was soon after we opened when yet another member had difficulty opening image files. He eventually tracked it down to a gmail cookie that was running interference with the download. I don't understand how that could be but, after deleting the cookie, the individual has been able to view images OK.

Tom, my OS is Windows XP Home.

I went: My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->File Types->Select PHP->Change to MS Excel->OK

The PHP files were set on PhotoParade Album before I changed it to MS Excel.

I can now download files, images, etc.

If you have Windows XP, would you mind going through the above procedure (without changing anything) and let me know what your PHP files are associated with.

Sorry about highjacking this thread.

Hi James,

Mine is set to open with DEV-php, which is my php editor application. IIRC at some point in time I inputted this in response to the Windows Open/Download dialog. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what the default was. I just checked my wife's computer which also has XP and php isn't listed as a file type.

With yours now set to open with Excel, does that mean it won't, for example, open a Word file?

With yours now set to open with Excel, does that mean it won't, for example, open a Word file?

I can download pictures ok but I can't find any word files here in the forum to try.

Well back to the drawing board. I can't open that Word file. I get an Excel screen that says:

index[1].php: file format is not valid.

James,

What happens if you just delete php from the list of file types you previously mentioned?

What happens if you just delete php from the list of file types you previously mentioned?

That works (sort of). I can download, from the forum, Excel files, Word files and images. But each time I download an Excel or Word file I get the attached screen. I have to save that php file then the Excel or Word file will appear. Images download with no problem.

I can live with this. I seldom download files.

Attachments

• SS1.doc
    86 KB · Views: 28
Thanks James. That's what I was expecting. I'll experiment some on my wife's PC.

Back
Top Bottom