Was Madonna lipsynch'ing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The SuperBowl half time show, featuring Madonna, was a spectacle. But, from where I sat, she was lipsynch'ing. Am I the only one who thought that?

I've heard estimates of anything from $500,000 to $20,000,000 being paid for the performance. For $20M, I'd lipsync and do cartwheels!

I didn't think she was lip synching. I can usually tell. The reason she would not lip synch is because it can end your career when you are caught doing it. Heard of Milli Vanilli lately?

I thought that the show she put on was the half time show to end all half time shows. She set the bar about 3 miles higher than it was before she took the stage. I was hoping they would cancel the rest of the game and just let her keep on going. How can any woman be that hot at age 53? How can any woman 53 move like that?

If you listen to the audio you do not here her breathing hard. With all that dancing I say she was not singing live.

[quote author=seilerbird]The reason she would not lip synch is because it can end your career when you are caught doing it.[/quote]

Time for her to retire then.

I thought that the show she put on was the half time show to end all half time shows.

We must have significantly different expectations, especially for that kind of money.

livingthedream said:
If you listen to the audio you do not here her breathing hard. With all that dancing I say she was not singing live.

I agree.  IMHO she WAS lip-synching.  Her movements showed agility on her part although she did stumble once.  Still, she was better than the Black Eyed Peas...

seilerbird said:
I didn't think she was lip synching. I can usually tell. The reason she would not lip synch is because it can end your career when you are caught doing it. Heard of Milli Vanilli lately?

I thought that the show she put on was the half time show to end all half time shows. She set the bar about 3 miles higher than it was before she took the stage. I was hoping they would cancel the rest of the game and just let her keep on going. How can any woman be that hot at age 53? How can any woman 53 move like that?

I cannot argue one way or another because I know nothing about music or singers (I am totally tone deaf and hate music). I did read several reviews today of the Madonna show while looking for what the MIA fuss was about. Several of the articles said she lip synced at least part of the show.

The Super Bowl I halftime featured Al Hirt and it's gone downhill ever since.

Melanie Amaro, X-factor winner, didn't lip synch. Can you imagine the stress on her?

Kelly Clarkson (the first American Idol) gave a great rendition of our national anthem.

I just Googled "did Madonna lip synch" and got a lot of hits. The majority seem to think she was lip synching. But those same people don't really like Madonna so they are putting her down for it. They would say things like it was "really obvious" she was lip synching. Sure didn't look obvious to me. Madonna's minions claim she never lip synchs. Personally I don't care if she did or didn't lip synch, it was a fantastic show.

I sure didn't think it was "a fantastic show", and the lip synch'ing detracted from the performance.

I thought the whole production was excessive, but then it helped disguise the sleaze and lack of class. 

My plan was to hit pause and then fast forward through the halftime show, after a snack of hot wings, hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, but some of the crowd were curious to observe, firsthand, the obligatory entertainment industries figurative finger.  They were not disappointed.   

Give me somewhere between a half million and twenty million dollars, and I guarantee you that a hundred million people won't be assaulted or insulted by MIA.  What a waste of thirty minutes.

Did I forget to say that the show totally met my expectations.

Lou - Are you really accusing someone else for a lack of class???

Maybe I'm just a little old fashion but I don't think I understood hardly a word she of her songs.

Lip sync.  I was amazed at the staging, kept your eyes off the lip syncing.  Then there was the moving your mouth to music spectale.  Was Mia finger syncing, I heard it was a finger snap malfunction.

seilerbird said:
Lou - Are you really accusing someone else for a lack of class???

Tom, like Madonna, you never fail to exceed my expectations.

Unless things have changed quite recently, the half-time entertainers are not paid a performance fee. They do however, receive payment for their own expenses, plus those of their entourage, friends, and family.

Back
Top Bottom