Good Sam Club and Camping World President's Club Combined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

In case you have missed it, the Early Spring 2012 issue of Good Sam's Highways magazine has an editorial regarding changes to the Good Sam organization.  The new CEO Marcus Lemonis states that Good Sam has been trying to address member issues, including reducing the amount of junk mail members receive.  I know a lot of you will be happy to hear that.  In addition they have merged the Camping World President's Club into the Good Sam Club and the President's Club no longer exists.  Like the FMCA, the Good Sam Club now has a discount arrangement with Flying J in which gas purchases will get "at least 3 cents off and 5 cents off diesel purchases."  You can register for fuel discounts with their Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card by going to GoodSamClub.com/pfj.  On pages 14-15 there's a U.S. map showing the combined Pilot/Flying J, Good Sam Parks, and Camping World locations.  Elsewhere in the issue they announce ten new Camping World locations.  I also see the ad for the 2012 Trailer Life Directory has the Good Sam logo prominently displayed above it and the subtitle says "2012 Guide to RV Parks and Campgrounds."

ArdraF

Be aware that the new Good Sam/Pilot Flying J card is a charge card that requires payment in full each month either online or automatically from your bank account.

the new Good Sam/Pilot Flying J card is a charge card that requires payment in full each month

Dutch, thanks for pointing that out.  I didn't look at the picture as much as the verbiage and missed it.  There's a big difference between a customer loyalty card and a credit card!

ArdraF

You're welcome, Ardra. For me, the standard Pilot Flying J RV Frequent Fueler card makes more sense. I get a bit less of a discount, but since I can pay with my PenFed Visa Card, I also get a 5% cash rebate on fuel when I pay at the pump. Visa cards get the same $495 limit as the GS card.

Unfortunately, the PenFed card won't work at the truck pumps as they are not pay at the pump.  It does work at the FJ RV pumps.

I've tried to obtain "the standard Pilot Flying J RV Frequent Fueler card" at their stores in multiple states and all tell me that they are "out of card applications" but they are on order... am I doing something wrong??

Last e-mail I got said cards was behind due to demand, and mine should arrive around March 1

Wizard46 said:
Last e-mail I got said cards was behind due to demand, and mine should arrive around March 1

Can you post the address as my last, today, got this response.."[email protected]
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator."

Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom