Winnebago Adventurer electrical problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

viet hoang

Hello,
I needed all the help I can get with this problem. I have a 1994 Winnebago Adventurer 34' with only 26000 miles. While driving down the highway 55MPH, the engine stopped and all electrical power ceased. Smoke came out around the engine. There was a strong smell of electrical wire burning. I can not locate the source of the burnt smell. Now there are no power to the ignition or the gauges. The battery is 12.7V. Is anyone have this problem before? Thank you for your help.
Viet

Hello John,
Thank you for the nice welcome.
I found out where the burnt source is but still don't know what's the cause for that.
It's the green wire in the group of 4 wires (red, pink, black, green) ran over the top of the transmission into a steel box mounted onto the frame.
Please see the picture's link:
http://www.use.com/editset.pl?set=d0a2fbb2e432b8a34c88

I would check the connections for corrosion and tightness of connections. Resistance can cause wiring to over heat. Green is normally a ground wire.

You're going to need your chassis wiring diagram and I'm not sure where you could get that - maybe start with whoever made your chassis (Workhorse?  Ford?)

Back
Top Bottom