Motorcycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even better to know beforehand!  I know mine do.  Already experienced it them touching, they even have a skid plate.

PancakeBill said:
I thought all the floorboards were spring mounted, maybe not. 

Hope all arrives soon, the windshield makes all the difference inthe world. Guess you haven't been riding lately?  Heard about the rains.

Folks are heading to St Augustine for a rally, then on up to RI.  The ought to be there in about 2 weeks I guess. 

We are heading up to Cherokee, NC in early Sept.  Going to ride the Dragon.

Not all boards flip up. Everything arrived today. They tried to deliver it yesterday but nobody was home.

Rain has been horrendous. Haven't seen the sun in a week! I think we have another three days anyway.

Sure wouldn't want to meet one of those 18 wheelers

The 18-wheelers are few and far between.  A bigger danger is one of the guys on the crotch-rockets on your side of the road head-on ???

Key is to keep it safe, don't try to set any course records.  I think I'll be leaving my wife behind for the first run. 

Might leave her for all the runs...

Let me know how the w/s was to install, there was one tricky area as I recall.  Not bad, just little tricky.

Oh, send me your postal address, I have an extra oil filter you canhave, or maybe I'll just hold onto it so I know you will come by next season.

PancakeBill said:
Key is to keep it safe, don't try to set any course records.  I think I'll be leaving my wife behind for the first run. 

Might leave her for all the runs...

Let me know how the w/s was to install, there was one tricky area as I recall.  Not bad, just little tricky.

Oh, send me your postal address, I have an extra oil filter you canhave, or maybe I'll just hold onto it so I know you will come by next season.

Bill,

The windshield is a simple attachment to the handlebars. Richard said he had his up to 150kmph and it didn't vibrate. Much faster than I intend to go!!!

Hold on to the filter. I have three now but will accept your gift if you still have it this winter. We will make it over this time!!!

Karl said:
Jim,

Which model did you get, and do you have a link to Richard's?
TNX

Karl,

I have the Hyosung Aguila GV250. Richard's site is http://www.richardhyosunggvgt.com/ but he doesn't sell bikes. He supplies all kinds of stuff for them. I just received my second shipment and he included all kinds of goodies for free!

Jim
Saw a nice cover for you to get bike back south and for storing outside.  Geza covers.  website is http://www.gezagear.com It is stretchable and can stand being towed without flapping off.  For just covering i the weather the one from Walmart worked OK.

Hi Bill,

I'll take a look at the site. I will need a cover for FL. Here it's in the garage when not being used.

Installed the fog lights, sissy bar, luggage rack and center stand this weekend. I may take the center stand off until I really need it. It's not easy getting the bike up on it. The fog lights are wired to the headlight so they all come on when I turn on the key. Just have to remember to be sure to turn it off when not running. :) Took it for a short ride today. Yesterday was great and I did a short ride then as well. Today was so so this morning but it is raining now. I'm starting to grow webs between my toes. Not fun doing orientation and PDIs in the rain!

BTW, have you seen the new T-shirts Don designed for the Piglet? Saw a photo of someone with the long T-shirt and a sticker on the back of the helmet. Ball caps can't be far behind. :)

Didn't see it yet.  Saw reference to it.  BTW, that link is a nice cover, I had the Walmart one but it would fly off in a breeze.  I have one now that they covered the bike with for the shipping, but it is really just a dust cover and it has no tie downs.  I would consider another from Walmart because I only really need it when we are out with the rig.  At home I have the ultimate cover.  Called the Bike Barn.  It is like a baby buggy top.  Ribs covered in an appropriate cloth.  Drive into it, and it flips down and over.  Lockable if you feel the need.  Real nice construction.  One thing I did find however, the standard large, when I drive in, I would need to go all the way to one side, and use a block under kickstand.  Otherwise sides would hit mirrors.  Bike on kick stand is wider than upright.  I bought a wheel holder that has a front rocker.  You ride up and drop in, the front piece locks in the front wheel and it will hold the bike upright.  Makes it real easy, just ride into the stand, get off and drop the cover. 

If I were to buy again I would have just gotten the next size up.  Two reasons, make parking this one easier, plus I would have a big enough cover to get a bigger bike! 

Hmmm, maybe make you a good deal on this one and just get the bigger one...

http://www.thebikebarn.net/  this is their website.  Really nice product.  I had a pad poured to the side of my driveway and put in some anchor bolts.  Works fantastic. 

TGO will probably be OK if you use it indoors.  (G)

Jim,

That sounds (and looks) like a really nice bike! The reviews are pretty darn good, and for being 'just' a 250, it has all the looks of a classic cruiser. And 80mph. is way faster than I'd care to go, given some of the whacko drivers out there ;D

Almost forgot: Have you chosen your 'colors' yet? I hear Hell's Angels is actively recruiting ::)

Karl said:
Jim,

That sounds (and looks) like a really nice bike! The reviews are pretty darn good, and for being 'just' a 250, it has all the looks of a classic cruiser. And 80mph. is way faster than I'd care to go, given some of the whacko drivers out there ;D

Almost forgot: Have you chosen your 'colors' yet? I hear Hell's Angels is actively recruiting ::)

Karl,

It is a very neat looking bike. Even better in person. It definitely looks like a mini Harley classic cruiser. I never expect to do the 80mph! I've gotten up to 55mph but can't really open it up for a few more miles. I'm very happy doing 45-50. There is a forum called AlphaRidersClub. Lots of owners there and they all rave about their bikes. Alpha Sports used to be the importer but they did a lousy job at customer service so were given the boot. Hyosung is now setting up their own dealers. They have a photo section with quite a few files. There is also a Piglet Riders forum. These bikes are too small to be called Hogs so they named them Piglets. Just got my T-shirt in the mail. You can see an example of the logo on the forum. The Harley guys seem to enjoy it. :)

While trying to find some sites to show you the really neat Honda Gyro 3 wheeler I got onto a Japanese site and suddenly this monster appeared. I don't know anymore about it but hey, what a RIDE!
Isn't this a perfect blend for the RV'er who likes to ride, or would it be better for a Rider who likes to RV?  ROFL ;D

Still trying to find the Gyro sites, might be an option for those looking for a light scooter option.
Note: The motor is in the rear pod and it drives directly through the two rear wheels. The front half of the bike rotates around a shaft so tthat it can turn on a dime. Supposed to be a really comfortable and economical ride.
UPDATE: here's one I found on eBay Motors or perhaps this one

Attachments

• bike_RV.jpg
    bike_RV.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 29
A very neat conversion but can you imagine the challenges in getting that frame to adequately hold all the elements and yet the big bike is still able to handle and turn. What a nightmare in design and construction.

Would love to see more pictures of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom