Norcold Recall part #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

southwestrvr

We have one of the Norcold refrigerators that was on recall.  We had our 1st replacement part in November 2011.  We went on our trip with no problem then in January 2012 we got our motorhome out of storage for another trip and low and behold the red light was solid on the replacement part.  Called Norcold they said I had to take it back to the dealer who replaced it have them call it in and they would ship me a new one.  Well being we were leaving on our trip the next day the dealership had an extra part and put it in so we could still go on our trip.  We came back from that trip with no problems.  Well guess what we went to pick it up from storage last night for a trip on Friday and the red light was on again.  I have called all over town and no one has that part available.  I have learned quite of new information though about Norcold and their recall this morning.  A lot of RV service companies will not install these anymore because once they are installed Norcold will not take responsibility if something happens to your motorhome the blame gets put back on the technician.  Therefore a lot of repair services will not install them anymore.  Here is another one which makes sense in our case.  One technician says these new replacement parts are not water proof therefore if they get wet they short out.  This technician had called Norcold to make a suggestion to make them water proof and they said no. 

This of course would make since in our case because when we get back from a trip we always wash it.  Then when we are ready for our next trip that is when we find the red light on.  So I seriously believe this could be the cause.  Which means we can't wash our RV or we will have to go the extra mile to cover the vent every time?

My question to any of you is there a lawyer out there for people like us who have continuing issues with this recall?  I don't think I should have to go out and buy a new refrigerator just because they can't get the right. 

Your best course for finding a lawyer with a particular speciality is to call your county bar association. They'll set you up with a referral to the "right kind" of lawyer. You'll get 30 minutes or an hour of pro bono (free) consultation with the lawyer, and you'll pay a nominal ($50-$100) fee to the bar association.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom