2001 Skamper by Thor Manual?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kube1989

Not that I can't use deductive reasoning- but I like to have documentation to back up my reasoning  ;)

I have all the component manuals, but am missing the main encompassing manual. I want the "to operate sink, turn THIS switch on for the sink pump" "to connect braking system, you need..." "power cord is stored here." kind of information. I've never had a trailer with black & grey tanks and 3 way fridge, furnace, AC, etc...  how to winterize... all that info in a clear & concise 24 pg pdf would be fantastic- but somehow it seems no one on the planet owns one of these or perhaps they never even printed a manual because I have spent a few hours to find NOTHING  :eek:

Am I being ridiculous to think this information is out there?

Thanks!

Do they expect folks to know how to operate everything in every manufacturer model?  :mad:

That's just weird. They give you a 50 pg manual with a $40 microwave, but nothing that says "Here's how to operate your camper" which costs thousands to tens of thousands?  :-\

One kind of expects that all products come with instructions.

Heh...yeah.  Welcome to the RV world of strange thinking.  I bought a Skamper in 2005 and same as you.  I got my Wildcat in 2010.  Same thing.  The difference between buying a new and used unit is, the dealer will go over everything on a new rig (called PDI, or Pre-Delivery Inspection).  So they'll show you all that stuff that is not in a manual.  Well, most of it anyway.  They didn't bother to tell me I had a kitchen gray tank separate from the regular gray tank, along with its own dump valve at the rear of the trailer!  Nor did they tell me where the drain valve was for the fresh water.  But oh well...that's what we're here for.  To help out folks like you with questions.

By the way...welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom