Walmart guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim @ Fran

Told there is a guide that shows all Walmart locations and if they do or do not allow overnight parking....Can someone advise if they exist and where I can get one??/  Many thanks....

Walmat has a map books listing all walmarts and sams clubs locations. With that you can call each one.

Wal-Mart sells the Rand McNally Road Atlas with additional pages giving the locations and features of all of their stores in the US, Canada and Mexico.

As far as which ones allow overnight parking, there's no official listing but several groups have their own lists of stores where overnight parking is not allowed.  They're assembled by volunteers so take them with a grain of salt - it's always best to ask permission at the store itself.  Google "wal-mart overnight parking" and you'll come up with a half dozen or so listings.

My favorite is  www.overnightrvparking.com/

It's not free, but the site is very comprehensive (over 9400 locations, and not just Walmarts) and all data is verified by the editor and is updated daily.  I think for $24.95/yr it's a good deal.

Another site, http://www.onfpg.com/ , has an ebook you can download for $20. It too gets updated periodically.

Allstays has an online list of Walmarts that are reported to have free overnight parking. Not sure if the list is validated though.
http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations.htm

Allstays also has a smartphone app that costs $2.99.  Nice to have a mobile way of checking out Walmart stops. 

Search "Walmart Overnight Parking" on iTunes. 

as rancher will said, allstays has a pretty good website. below is a link. this is a free website that is kept up to date by users. :) i have found that when i ask wm management or security if i can park overnight and where to park, most of the time they say that i am welcome to stay overnight even when allstays says otherwise. every time i stay at a walmart i update  info about that particular walmart. allstays also has other types of parking and camping listed.

http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations-map.htm

Gotta say... Walmart has been a real savior over the years... Tired, can't drive anymore, need a place to just park, period.  Yea, better planning.. however their parking lot's have been there countless times, that's for sure.  We always buy something when we stop, just makes us feel better.  In fact, we actually have planned leaving stuff to buy when we stop, just makes us feel better for the 'free' parking.  Get amused.. maybe even animated... when I read some complaining about 'problems' with certain Walmarts... Not a 'right' in our mind, that's for sure ... 'Gift horse...' comes to mind.... At any-rate, we have never been asked to leave, however we have never been inconsiderate enough to pull into a Walmart and expected it to be a campground, like outside of a major event, like Nascar track, where they would obviously need to control their property. 

I have recently downloaded the Truck & Travel APP from AllStays.com. It list all the Walmart's as well as a huge selection of gas station and service centres, including the Flying J, Pilot, Love and many other independent dealers. In both Canada and the US. Many that allow parking and list other annuities as well. (Convenience stores, truck washes, repairs centres, showers, and the list goes on.)

The APP also shows low clearance warnings, rest areas and Welcome Centres. Needless to say ... almost everything the travelling RV'er would need. It is based on a GPS system. I have checked it out. Seems to work well in this area and I have checked other areas as well. I also have my GPS systems which will list the various Walmart and other POI (Points of Interest). But I have to say I am suitably impressed with this APP.

The AllStays app also lists Elks and other Fraternal lodges.

Wendy
Holbrook Elks Lodge

I downloaded the ALLSTAYS app and the Campground portion does not work on my IPAD.  I sent an email and was told that would not work on IOS7.  FYI

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom