Laptop changed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82corvette

I don't know when or how it happened but my screen has gotten shorter! I have Toshiba laptop with 15 by 4" widescreen Windows 7 and the items on the screen have bunched up & somewhat overlapped. I have tried every resolution & any other setting I can find. A lot of websites are unreadable. Anybody got any ideas?

First check your display properties and see that the display resolution is correct.

You might try starting up in "Safe Mode" (F8 during boot). A default video setting should be loaded allowing viewing. This would eliminate any failure issues.
If you can remember when the change occurred you can select a restore point to a date prior to the change. This should restore display parameters. Caution: doing this will "erase" any updates, software installs, etc. performed after this date.
Or
Right click on display and select "screen resolution" and change your display properties as Ned stated - there should be a (recommended) selection.
Right click on display and select "Personalize" then "display". Try selecting the various options and determine which better suits your viewing.
These actions are for Windows 7 but XP, Vista versions should have similar selections.

Try going to the Toshiba website, downloads, and see if you can download and relace your display driver.
If it isn't settings or the driver you may need to think hardware. Although to be honest, i can't think of failure that would cause described problem on a digital screen
Good luck
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom