EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Seilerbird  (Read 17026 times)

34footer

• ---
Seilerbird
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
Where is Seilerbird? I was looking forward the adventures with his new MH.
J
1988 Pace Arrow, 34 feet, Chevy 454
                       So Cal

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Seilerbird
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
He hasn't been around for a while.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »
Seilerbird, I also want to hear about your new rolling abode.  I hope it's going well.  C'mon back!

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

catblaster

• ---
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »
We miss him...don't we....!!
Will and Jane
95 Winnebago Luxor

workingtorv

• ---
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
We do, and some of us have noticed that he is ticked off and probably has reason but he should come back anyway..I miss his humour and am anxious to hear about the "bread truck".
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2008 Saturn AuraXR
Ontario, Canada

ruthandken CDN

• ---
    • Five - Just Rolling Down the Road
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »
Why do his last postings say that he's a 'guest'?  He's been a member here for a long time.  Where did he go?
Ken & Ruth,
fur kid, Jackson(golden retriever)
2013 Jayco Pinnacle 36 REQS
2011 F350 Ford Super Duty Dually with crew cub
Dogs are not my whole life but they made my life whole.
http://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
I have to admit ... he's grown on me and I miss him.  I miss the photos.  It's about time for the "best of" for February.  We're missing the renovation of the bread truck as well.  See ... we DO care!  ;)

Hey Seilerbird ... I've been p***ed off millions of times in the forum over the last 16 years or so, but there is no place in cyberspace I enjoy more than right here.  ;D   C'mon, now, you miss us, too ... right?   :-*

Margi

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »
Why do his last postings say that he's a 'guest'?

Because he deleted his account.

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »
Tom,

This is an order.  Suck it up and come back you rascal you!  Don't "throw away" your friends. 

JerryF
JerryF  ;D  ;D

pdq

• ---
    • larry & peter's adventure in their tiffin allegro
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:09:58 PM »
hmmm...

if you do a search of the forum....
"where is Seilerbird" you may find this topic has been addressed before

:)

Lowell

• ---
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »
I was hoping to ask him what kind of birds these are.  They come to my neighbor's tree every afternoon about 5 pm.  Makes Happy Hour
Lowell

2005 Cherokee28A TT
pulled by 2009 Dodge 1500 Crew Cab 4X4
KF7YET

Tempe, Arizona

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »
I was hoping to ask him what kind of birds these are.  They come to my neighbor's tree every afternoon about 5 pm.  Makes Happy Hour

Lots of birders here. Looks like a Kestrel. Is it about 8-10 inches with a rusty colored back?
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Lowell

• ---
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »
Wendy, you described their color and size very well.
Lowell

2005 Cherokee28A TT
KF7YET

Tempe, Arizona

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
Kestrels are very cool looking birds. You see them a lot sitting on power/phone lines.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Lowell

• ---
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
I looked up Kestrels on the web and they are a solid match.  Here is another picture I took.  I had a hard time holding the camera steady.  The birds were about 100 ft away, high in our neighbor's tree.  I took the pictures with a Panasonic DMC-FZ150 using the auto focus setting.  This is a camera Seilerbird recomended to me and I am super happy with the camera.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:59:01 PM by Lowell »
Lowell

2005 Cherokee28A TT
KF7YET

Tempe, Arizona

KodiakRV

• ---
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:15 AM »
Lots of birders here. Looks like a Kestrel. Is it about 8-10 inches with a rusty colored back?
I was going to say "Sparrow Hawk."  I looked them up and it turns out that's another name for the Kestrel.
Frank
Florida

DonTom

• ---
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 08:19:16 AM »
Because he deleted his account.
Who ticked him off?

I know it cannot be me, because I have not been here for a while. ;D

-Don-
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:34:15 AM by Tom »
-Don-   AA6GA

2000 Fleetwood Tioga 24D, 7.4L

Auburn, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV or  Reno, NV

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
Hi Don, and welcome back. I was thinking just the other day that we hadn't seen you for some time.

As you know from your years around forums, folks pick up their marbles and leave for various reasons. Some delete their account on the way out, while others just don't return. In most cases, we can only guess what their reasons are.

utahclaimjumper

• ---
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
He seemed to be happy enough at QZ, and has posted since. Maybe he's is off his meds again?>>>D  (the ones he say's he never takes?)
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA

DonTom

• ---
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »
. Some delete their account on the way out, while others just don't return. In most cases, we can only guess what their reasons are.
I just wonder why they feel the need to burn the bridge behind them.

-Don-
-Don-   AA6GA

2000 Fleetwood Tioga 24D, 7.4L

Auburn, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV or  Reno, NV

Just Lou

• ---
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »
I just wonder why they feel the need to burn the bridge behind them.

-Don-

Don, in my opinion, some insecure soles souls just have a flair for the dramatic. :D   (if that doesn't bring him out of hiding, nothing will :-\ )
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:58:19 PM by Just Lou »
'97 Bounder 34V (F53 w/tag), '99 Honda Accord EX

Molaker

• ---
  • We don't camp. We tour.
    • Pumpkin and Us
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »
Don, in my opinion, some insecure soles just have a flair for the dramatic. :D   (if that doesn't bring him out of hiding, nothing will :-\ )
No wonder he's disappeared.  He was always getting stepped on. ;D ::)
Tom & Joyce and Ditto the "don't tell her she's a dog" Westie
U.S. Navy (Ret)
2014 Winnebago ERA 70X 24' class B Sprinter chassis

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »
Since Tom was a frequent poster, maybe something is wrong. Does anyone have any contact info for him?
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

Just Lou

• ---
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
No wonder he's disappeared.  He was always getting stepped on. ;D ::)

Good catch, Tom, and a very appropriate comment. :) ;)
'97 Bounder 34V (F53 w/tag), '99 Honda Accord EX

Water Dog

• ---
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
Since Tom was a frequent poster, maybe something is wrong. Does anyone have any contact info for him?

Doesn't he have a blog on a photo site...thought I saw a link to it on one of his posts. I just met him for the first time this year at QZ and was looking foreward to getting to know him better.
Dennis

"Heart is where the home is"
---------------------------------
Dennis & Vici Bernhard
2000 Bounder
1999 Jeep Wrangler
Home: Sumner, TX

ruthandken CDN

• ---
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 07:38:31 PM »
I think this may his photo website https://picasaweb.google.com/108464110929132780547
Ken & Ruth,

workingtorv

• ---
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:01 PM »
Comments like not taking his meds is one example of why he is ticked among others.  My observation is that there were inappropriate comments and I don't know why people feel the need to stir the pot when he made it clear that he wasn't happy with some of them but yet people keep going.  I understand that the intent was for fun but there is a time to stop when it is apparent that the person wasn't finding any humour in it, I find it as Bullying.  Just my thoughts and observation.  I will miss reading his posts and viewing his photography, I am pretty sure he won't be back this time.
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2008 Saturn AuraXR
Ontario, Canada

Lowell

• ---
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 08:58:43 PM »
Comments like not taking his meds is one example of why he is ticked among others.  My observation is that there were inappropriate comments and I don't know why people feel the need to stir the pot when he made it clear that he wasn't happy with some of them but yet people keep going.  I understand that the intent was for fun but there is a time to stop when it is apparent that the person wasn't finding any humour in it, I find it as Bullying.  Just my thoughts and observation.  I will miss reading his posts and viewing his photography, I am pretty sure he won't be back this time.

I agree.
Lowell

2005 Cherokee28A TT
KF7YET

Tempe, Arizona

utahclaimjumper

• ---
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
You don't evan know that he's ticked,, let alone why.>>>D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:20:59 PM by utahclaimjumper »
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 10:35:57 PM »
Tom is fine -- we interacted about a week ago. He had not as yet sold his old rig and was busy working on the new one. And was still in Phoenix.

As to why he left, that was a personal decision he made so I feel it not my place to interpret and relay it here.

He is looking forward very much to his venture up the CA coast that will begin in San Diego as soon as he gets the old rig sold. So am sure the Picasa monthly display of his work will continue then.
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

skyking1

• ---
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »
Thank you Bob.
Kelly and Mary

1996 Dodge CTD 2500 "Woody"
1991 Avion 29.5 ST
Washington State

http://boondockerswelcome.com/users/skyking

34footer

• ---
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »
Thanks Bob, good to know he is okay.
J
1988 Pace Arrow, 34 feet, Chevy 454
                       So Cal

Mr Bojangles

• ---
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 05:02:55 AM »
Thanks for your information about Seilerbird Bob......
And a big "I AGREE" with workingtorv and Lowell's comments.
SAFBVET    Jim O
28 trips out.... 88,000 Miles -S  to Key West, SW to Gulf...w to Texas, NW Oregon, across Canada.

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »
Hey Seilerbird ... I've been p***ed off millions of times in the forum over the last 16 years or so, but there is no place in cyberspace I enjoy more than right here.  ;D   C'mon, now, you miss us, too ... right?   :-*
Margi 

'tis kinda true... you benefit from a really thick epidermis on this forum!   An ego like Santorum helps too.  Just sayin'
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

Luca1369

• ---
    • Seaworthy.com, Your Bahamas and Caribbean Cruising Advisory
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 07:13:09 AM »
Tom has done this at least twice in the past.  He gets offended by someone and complains that this is NOT as friendly a forum as it claims to be.  Then Tom leaves and a few people mention that they miss him and he returns after lurking.  I can only guess that he'll return.  If not, it is his loss as well as the Forum's loss.
Steve
1990 Fleetwood Southwind 36'
http://seaworthy.com

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.
Robert Louis Stevenson

A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
Lao Tsu (570-490 BC)

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
Bob B - Thanks for letting us know Seilerbird is okay.  Next time you talk, please tell him he is missed.

ArdraF
ArdraF

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
You have hit the nail right on the head. Thank you for stating the problem so elequoently.

I deleted my account because of the nasty remarks that I must put up with on a regular basis on this forum. Three of the main offenders have shown off why I deleted my account in this thread alone. One of these persons is nasty to me on a regular basis for no reason other than he is just a very nasty person. Another person has called me stupid several times (because I live in California). And the third has sent me nasty PMs calling me nasty names all because I don't change my guitar strings as often as he thinks they should be changed. He is in total denial that I have a problem with some people on this forum and he is even moreso in denial that he is a major part of the problem.

I also have one forum member who follows me around like a lost puppy dog Googling everything I say just so he can try and prove me wrong. That got real old a few years ago. I had my RV sold to a lady on this forum until another forum member talked her out of buying it. So here I sit stuck in Phoenix trying to sell the RV and having no luck. Thanks. There are a few others but I am not going to beat a dead horse. You know who you are and I feel sorry for you.

The name Seilerbird has become nothing more than a cheap joke to many of the forum members  and it really hurts. This is suppose to be the friendliest spot on the Internet for RV owners so why are so many people so mean to me? What exactly did I do to deserve this treatment? I have twice quit posting on this forum because the abuse became so severe. I have complained about the abuse in threads, I have reported it to the staff, I have sent private messages and talked to forum members in person. Nothing changes. So for the FIRST time I have actually deleted my account.

I have a new handle but I only opened this account so I could keep in touch with some of my many friends here and give my side of the story. I did post a goodbye thread before I deleted my account and some staff member deleted it within ten minutes. Thank you for that. I will not be posting very often like I have in the past. It is just not worth the abuse. There are too many people here that think that their opinion is a fact and that my opinion is wrong. I don't understand why they can't understand that some people have a different opinion than they do. And why do they have to get so nasty when someone does have a different opinion than they do? And then call me a name because I don't have the same opinion they do? That is just sick.

I wish to thank all the polite people on this forum who voiced their support for me in this thread, via PMs or via email. You are wonderful. It is sad that a few rotten eggs have to spoil the whole basket.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

AndyinLexington

• ---
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »
I'm sorry that this issue has gotten as far as it has.  I believe that disagreement fosters productive discussion - to a point.  When disagreement becomes "personal" then it has gone too far.  I think it a lot of cases, it does go too far, and people, like Tom S., can get offended (and rightly so).  There is a fine line between "productive disagreement" and "personal".  Knowing where that line is can be a difficult thing to grasp because it's in a different spot for each person, I think.  Also, email and forum posting does not lend itself well to interpretation.  No non-verbal communication can be achieved, so it's easier to be offensive, and to get offended.  Tom, I hope you will reconsider your decision.  I will miss your posts and discussions.  I think you have a lot to offer here.
Andy Holmes
2000 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34F
2005 Chev Malibu Toad
N1CPS
Lexington, Kentucky

skyking1

• ---
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
I had my RV sold to a lady on this forum until another forum member talked her out of buying it.
I remember that thread. Somebody knocked the idea of buying your rig for no good reason that I could fathom. I disagreed.
If more people would follow the old adage about having something nice to say, things would be a lot friendlier on the net. 
Kelly and Mary

1996 Dodge CTD 2500 "Woody"
1991 Avion 29.5 ST
Washington State

http://boondockerswelcome.com/users/skyking

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 10:01:52 AM »
Glad to hear you're doing OK, Tom. Hope you'll still make an occasional frally.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

ruthandken CDN

• ---
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »
Glad you're OK.  A couple of posts from members re a comment you made in the past surprised me.  I expected better behaviour from those members.  Mind you I think most of it was said in fun, but I did think they were 'cheap shots'.  This forum is one that I have stayed with because people here are friendly and not abusive.  Sorry that a few spoil it for others, but that is always the way isn't it.  Don't let a few keep you away from a great forum.  I still think this is the best RV forum on the net and I've looked at lots and lots of them. 
Take care...

Ruth
Ken & Ruth,

Icemaker

• ---
  • "Nár lagaí na bithiúnaigh do lámh"
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »
Bullies are such brave souls.
I liken it to postings, like the CB radio reply's, in that a poster/motor mouth can feel secure from retaliation and post/say something they'd never do in person. Back in the "day" it was often called microphone balls. I'm not sure what a proper cyber space moniker should be..
George

94 Dolphin DP
99 CRV W/Blue Ox & Patriot Brakes
95 F-150 4X4 4.9
F420661
Fresno, Ohio most of the time

Luca1369

• ---
    • Seaworthy.com, Your Bahamas and Caribbean Cruising Advisory
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 10:23:53 AM »
Back in the "day" it was often called microphone balls. I'm not sure what a proper cyber space moniker should be..

I like the term "keyboard commando."

Welcome back Tom, I didn't think you'd stay away long.
Steve
1990 Fleetwood Southwind 36'
http://seaworthy.com

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.
Robert Louis Stevenson

A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
Lao Tsu (570-490 BC)

Icemaker

• ---
  • "Nár lagaí na bithiúnaigh do lámh"
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »

Welcome back Tom, I didn't think you'd stay away long.

I like that Steve, and also welcome Tom back...His spin on subjects is always enlightening..

And Tom, this is a personal "clap on the back"..looking forward to your views.
George

94 Dolphin DP
99 CRV W/Blue Ox & Patriot Brakes
95 F-150 4X4 4.9
F420661
Fresno, Ohio most of the time

Water Dog

• ---
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
Welcome back Tom, please don't let a few ruin the benefit the rest of us have in hearing from you.
Dennis

Dennis & Vici Bernhard
2000 Bounder
1999 Jeep Wrangler

Photog

• ---
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
I wish to thank all the polite people on this forum who voiced their support for me in this thread, via PMs or via email. You are wonderful. It is sad that a few rotten eggs have to spoil the whole basket.
Tom,
It has never ceased to amaze me the huge amount of courage that some folks develop when they sit at a keyboard.  I seriously doubt that any of them would say to your face the garbage they post.  There is one guy on this forum (and he is on a couple of others) who has letter bombed me with dozens of insulting emails.  When I responded he complained to the moderators.  I suspect he may be one of your tormentors.  For his sake, I hope our paths never cross.

Anyway, I enjoy your pics.  Glad to see you back.

Bill
Bill
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
Hi Tom!

I was kind of busy there for a while and suddenly started seeing posts that you were gone.  And then I saw a few that were totally uncalled for in my opinion.  I wish people would think before they speak!  Anyway, we miss you and hope you'll stick around.

On another topic, I thought of you when I read an article in the Jan. 16, 2012 issue of Forbes.  It's about Wind farms but talks about the problems with birds, in particular your beloved condors, flying into the blades.  If you want me to keep it for you, I will.

Cheers and take care,
ArdraF
ArdraF

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

On usenet they're called trolls, and the best way to treat them is to ignore them.  "Don't feed the trolls".
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
Don't let the bumpkins wear you down!  (I cleaned that up a little.)   ::)

We enjoy having you around and especially enjoy your beautiful pictures.  If you ignore the creeps, they'll eventually get bored and pick on someone else.

Margi

brens

• ---
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »
Tom,

I have never met you in person, but just by reading your posts I can tell  you are a very kind, giving and patient man. When I was
shopping for my first camera you repled to so many of my post. I so appreciated all of the time you took doing that. When you posted
that if anyone wanted any help in photography that you were going to be at the Grand canyon from this date to that. I thought to myself
what a giving person is he. I understand why you are going to back off but please I have not had the opportunity to meet you yet
so please don't give up completely and do let us know where you will be because I can still use some help with my photography :D
Curt & Brenda
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29 R
2012 Jeep Wrangler

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
On usenet they're called trolls, and the best way to treat them is to ignore them.  "Don't feed the trolls".

Agreed, as well as the term "flame war" which refers to a forum thread that turns into insults being thrown around with much abandon... usually due to differing opinions.  Those kinds of comments (as well as threads that contain them) are usually removed from view or locked by staff here, to keep this "The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing."  ;)

Just like interpersonal communications, internet "backlash" is usually doesn't happen without someone lashing out in the first place.  It can start small and snowball into something inappropriate.  As we all know, the old "sticks and stones" phrase is untrue in most cases.  Even online.
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
- 2008 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS
- 1995 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 tow vehicle
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012

workingtorv

• ---
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
Tom, I am really sorry that the comments posted forced you to delete your account.  Just so you know, I personally will miss your postings and your photography but most of all your humour.  I am glad that my post got your attention and led you to let us know you were still out there.  I just felt the need to voice my opinion on your behalf.  On the plus side there are allot more friendly helpful people on this forum then those that feel the need to voice their unfriendly comments, the majority are wonderful people who are always willing to lend a hand.

I wish you the best of luck in selling your motorhome in a tough market and wish you many enjoyable journeys and to wonderful friendships you gain in your travels.

If you are ever in the Northeast during the summer months please let me know where just in case we are enroute in the same area.
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2008 Saturn AuraXR
Ontario, Canada

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
Tom,

Welcome back. I am sorry for the nasty comment directed your way. Your are right in that it is OK to disagree, but it certainly shouldn't get personal.

I wish you good luck in selling the Allegro. btw did you get the mirror you needed for the new MH?

It's certainly OK to not be active in posting. I have "gone silent" several times over the past 18 years. But in the end the forum is "home" to many of our friends.

Just sit back and enjoy reading the forum. Enjoy your friends on the forum. Ignore the others. Friends are an important part of our lives, don't leave them behind.

Ken

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:16:46 PM by Ken & Sheila »
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »
Quote from: Ken & Sheila
Enjoy your friends on the forum. Ignore the others.

Thanks for the reminder Ken; Some folks may not realize that they have the ability in their profile to ignore someone's posts, and even entire message boards. In the old days we used to call this feature a "twit filter".

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 08:43:57 AM »
Tom Seiler,

Welcome back my friend.  For your info in the past both Ardra and I have set our "twit filter" to ignore a member of the RV Forum.   

JerryF
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:57:37 AM by JerArdra »
JerryF  ;D  ;D

Bob Maxwell

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smile, and the world smiles with you . . .
    • The American Southwest
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »
I made a new friend at QZ and that friend is you. Your mh runs all the time -that's better than some around here! I want you to use that twit filter Tom linked for all of us. 12 or 13 years ago I almost used it but waited and years ago, at QZ? we became friends and now you, him and I along with Lou enjoyed a great time at dinner. ::)

I hope to see you when you come to Bosque del Apache and I do have a place where you plug in though its an hour away from those birds, but not from Bernardo.

Welcome back.     
Adiós. . .

Bob †
and wife Betty Font 

. . . still ridin' for the brand.

1994 Suncruiser 34RQ, Cummins 5.9L/230 Allison 3060
'08 Kia Spectra5,
FMCA SKP

Holbrook AZ, west of the Petrified Forrest NP on I-40

snix

• ---
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
Hi there, 
As Brens said, I haven't gotten the chance to meet you yet.  We are new to RVing and still pretty new to this forum and you both welcomed and helped us at every turn.  Thank you and I hope you will stay and continue to post.  Us "Newbies" need folk like you.  Hope to meet someday.

Jeff Brown

• ---
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
Tom has been very nice to me and his information very useful.  I appreciate that he will still make him self available as a reference to those of us who appreciate his opinion even if only by PM.

Thanks
Jeff
Jeff - Driver
Wife - In complete control!
Bear - strapped to his seat! (9 year old son)
Duncan and Bailey (the dogs) - constantly looking for a different window
2002 Bounder 36S "King Charles the Great Bounder" or "Big Chuck"

4ducksrus

• ---
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
I am so sorry to see someone whose opinion I valued leave the forum!  I've only been around for a little over a year and yet have learned so much from this forum.  Seilerbird has helped me with several of my dilemmas and I've come to value what he has to say, unlike some of the "blow" hards that I read about.  Just my 2 cents worth...:) Mikie
Jim & Mikie

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U
2013 Jeep Rubicon
2003 HD Ultra Classic
WIT WI54011

jje1960

• ---
  • Jim
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »
Frankly any Forum member leaving with or without all the dramatics is unnecessary.  Last I understood, just posting with different views has always been excepted without foot stomping and posting of lengthy manifestos.  Tom's welcome here at anytime, it's his choice to participate or not.  I'd love to meet Tom in a camping excursion, that's what it's all about here. 
Jim
2011 Ford F350 DRW 6.7 Diesel
2011 Cougar SRX

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
Frankly any Forum member leaving with or without all the dramatics is unnecessary.  Last I understood, just posting with different views has always been excepted without foot stomping and posting of lengthy manifestos.  Tom's welcome here at anytime, it's his choice to participate or not.  I'd love to meet Tom in a camping excursion, that's what it's all about here.

Tom did not leave because others expressed different views. It was the personal attacks that finally got through to him. Suggest you "read" his manifesto. In my view, if the attacks are harsh enough and become that frequent, leaving may be necessary.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:25:42 AM by Bob Buchanan »
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

jje1960

• ---
  • Jim
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
Bob, I have "read" his manifesto.  Frankly, it's over the top with paranoia, Tom had so much to offer with his posts and pictures, however did not wish to hear anything that did not tow the line with his perspective.  Our Forum is not the only place that Tom has been abusive, wish he would just not get so animated with his anger.  I refuse to post personal information, but frankly Tom has been so nasty at times, it's hard to understand.  Point blank, I hope he returns with posts to his Forum friends and participates with all his experience.
Jim
2011 Cougar SRX

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 03:50:21 PM »
Removed by me.  This subject is to controversial.

JerryF
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:50:30 AM by JerArdra »
JerryF  ;D  ;D

jje1960

• ---
  • Jim
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
JerAndra, wait one here, no one purposefully interfered with the sale of his MH, look back at the original post, plenty were just talking about the decision to move into the RV lifestyle, period.  There was nothing to be vindictive or hateful about, that was all perception.  Let's not go there please.

Jim
2011 Cougar SRX

Ray D

• ---
  • Jasper
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:23 PM »
I can't find the post where Tom was selling his Allegro. Anyone have a link to it? Thanks.

Ray D.
Boise, Idaho. U.S.A.F. Vet. Damon Challenger, Workhorse/Vortec, 2005 towing a Suzuki XL-7, 2003.

Water Dog

• ---
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
I can't find the post where Tom was selling his Allegro. Anyone have a link to it? Thanks.

Ray D.

It was here Ray. He also has it currently listed on the Phoenix Craigslist here if anyone knows of anyone interested.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:31:25 PM by Water Dog »
Dennis

Dennis & Vici Bernhard
2000 Bounder
1999 Jeep Wrangler

Ray D

• ---
  • Jasper
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Thanks.

Ray D.
Boise, Idaho. U.S.A.F. Vet. Damon Challenger, Workhorse/Vortec, 2005 towing a Suzuki XL-7, 2003.

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »
I hope Tom sells it soon.  I know he's worked hard to make sure everything is in working order.  Good luck on it, Tom!

ArdraF
ArdraF

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
jje1960,

I was responding to Bob Buchanan, not you.  OTOH, I am sorry that my post upset you so.

Just to prove to you that my post was NOT directed toward you I removed my post.

Best regards,
JerryF
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:48:36 AM by JerArdra »
JerryF  ;D  ;D

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »
This is not intended as a response to any particular person or message; Just some comments for general consumption.

For clarification, TomS did not post his RV for sale on our Private For Sale board; We discourage posting comments in reply to ads placed there. The possibility of selling TomS' RV started on our Newcomer's Corner board, but discussions went to PM or email.

Many of us wished him the best with his new coach and the sale of his old one, and several folks even encouraged the wannabe to "take him up on his generous offer". But we have no idea what went on in those private conversations, and that's the way it should be. Any negotiations for a private sale should be between buyer and seller, and are not for public discussion in a forum.

When he left, TomS did not mention the 'lost sale' as a reason for leaving, and I don't know why this is now coming up.

4ducksrus

• ---
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
Tom did not leave because others expressed different views. It was the personal attacks that finally got through to him. Suggest you "read" his manifesto, 4ducksrus. In my view, if the attacks are harsh enough and become that frequent, leaving may be necessary.

Bob, I have not read his "manifesto" I was just commenting on my experiences with him, which like I previously, said were always valuable.  When you mention Tom being harsh, are you talking about Tom (Seilerbird)?  and if so...that's not what I found on my conversations with him, so I can't address that.

Mikie
Jim & Mikie

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U
2013 Jeep Rubicon
2003 HD Ultra Classic
WIT WI54011

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
Bob, I have not read his "manifesto" I was just commenting on my experiences with him, which like I previously, said were always valuable.  When you mention Tom being harsh, are you talking about Tom (Seilerbird)?  and if so...that's not what I found on my conversations with him, so I can't address that.

Mikie

That's an OOPS on my part, Mikie.  :(  My comment about reading the manifesto was to JJE1960 - and my post quoted him and responded to him. I hate it when someone uses a handle vs. their real name. I can understand in some cases wanting the last name omitted, but to not even want folks on this type of forum to even know the first name is not good, IMO. Anyway, I used your handle in my response to JJE1960 - picked it up as your post was next to his - and have since removed it. My apologies . . .

Yes, I was referring to Tom Seiler in my post. JJE1960 stated that Tom should not have left just because others disagreed with his views (which was "not" the reason he left), and my response was that if the attacks were harsh enough, I could understand why anyone might want to leave.
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

4ducksrus

• ---
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »
Bob,
Thank you for the clarification.  Now, that makes more sense and I agree, if someone is that unhappy they should leave.  This forum, IMO, is for my enjoyment...not to stress me out!

Mikie
Jim & Mikie

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U
2013 Jeep Rubicon
2003 HD Ultra Classic
WIT WI54011

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
When he left, TomS did not mention the 'lost sale' as a reason for leaving, and I don't know why this is now coming up.

Reading Tom Seilers post as to his reasons for leaving I find mention of his lost sale as part of that. In that post he also mentions he posted earlier as to his reasons for leaving, but that post was deleted. Was that the post you are writing about as to not mentioning the lost sale?

I had not read the topic about the sale itself, but did last evening after the link was posted -- and the interchange between Tom and the person he feels lost his sale and mentions indirectly in his "why he left" post. So it would seem that is why it is now coming up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:25:44 AM by Bob Buchanan »
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

jje1960

• ---
  • Jim
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
That's an OOPS on my part, Mikie.  :(  My comment about reading the manifesto was to JJE1960 - and my post quoted him and responded to him. I hate it when someone uses a handle vs. their real name. I can understand in some cases wanting the last name omitted, but to not even want folks on this type of forum to even know the first name is not good, IMO. Anyway, I used your handle in my response to JJE1960 - picked it up as your post was next to his - and have since removed it. My apologies . . .

Yes, I was referring to Tom Seiler in my post. JJE1960 stated that Tom should not have left just because others disagreed with his views (which was "not" the reason he left), and my response was that if the attacks were harsh enough, I could understand why anyone might want to leave.
Bob, my name is Jim, nice to meet you!  I've never really thought about it over the years of using the Forum, thanks for pointing it out, I've added 'Jim' to the signature on the profile.  And BTW... what kind of TP do you use?  He eh ehe hehe  sorry, couldn't resist that! :) :) :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:33:12 AM by jje1960 »
Jim
2011 Cougar SRX

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »
Quote from: Bob Buchanan
Reading Tom Seilers post as to his reasons for leaving I find mention of his lost sale as part of that.

The reasons given the day he left, in a message no longer visible on the forum, said nothing about the sale of his coach. That's why I couldn't understand how it was being brought up several weeks after he'd stated his reasons.

... that post was deleted

Not so.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:05:53 AM by Tom »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
Folks, I split and moved the TP-related discussion here.

Hosted by Over The Network