Seilerbird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DonTom said:
I just wonder why they feel the need to burn the bridge behind them.

-Don-

Don, in my opinion, some insecure soles souls just have a flair for the dramatic. :D  (if that doesn't bring him out of hiding, nothing will :-\ )

Just Lou said:
Don, in my opinion, some insecure soles just have a flair for the dramatic. :D  (if that doesn't bring him out of hiding, nothing will :-\ )
No wonder he's disappeared.  He was always getting stepped on. ;D ::)

Since Tom was a frequent poster, maybe something is wrong. Does anyone have any contact info for him?

Ernie Ekberg said:
Since Tom was a frequent poster, maybe something is wrong. Does anyone have any contact info for him?

Doesn't he have a blog on a photo site...thought I saw a link to it on one of his posts. I just met him for the first time this year at QZ and was looking foreward to getting to know him better.

Comments like not taking his meds is one example of why he is ticked among others.  My observation is that there were inappropriate comments and I don't know why people feel the need to stir the pot when he made it clear that he wasn't happy with some of them but yet people keep going.  I understand that the intent was for fun but there is a time to stop when it is apparent that the person wasn't finding any humour in it, I find it as Bullying.  Just my thoughts and observation.  I will miss reading his posts and viewing his photography, I am pretty sure he won't be back this time.

workingtorv said:
Comments like not taking his meds is one example of why he is ticked among others.  My observation is that there were inappropriate comments and I don't know why people feel the need to stir the pot when he made it clear that he wasn't happy with some of them but yet people keep going.  I understand that the intent was for fun but there is a time to stop when it is apparent that the person wasn't finding any humour in it, I find it as Bullying.  Just my thoughts and observation.  I will miss reading his posts and viewing his photography, I am pretty sure he won't be back this time.

I agree.

Tom is fine -- we interacted about a week ago. He had not as yet sold his old rig and was busy working on the new one. And was still in Phoenix.

As to why he left, that was a personal decision he made so I feel it not my place to interpret and relay it here.

He is looking forward very much to his venture up the CA coast that will begin in San Diego as soon as he gets the old rig sold. So am sure the Picasa monthly display of his work will continue then.

Tom and Margi said:
Hey Seilerbird ... I've been p***ed off millions of times in the forum over the last 16 years or so, but there is no place in cyberspace I enjoy more than right here.  ;D  C'mon, now, you miss us, too ... right?  :-*
Margi 

'tis kinda true... you benefit from a really thick epidermis on this forum!  An ego like Santorum helps too.  Just sayin'

Tom has done this at least twice in the past.  He gets offended by someone and complains that this is NOT as friendly a forum as it claims to be.  Then Tom leaves and a few people mention that they miss him and he returns after lurking.  I can only guess that he'll return.  If not, it is his loss as well as the Forum's loss.

Bob B - Thanks for letting us know Seilerbird is okay.  Next time you talk, please tell him he is missed.

ArdraF

workingtorv said:
You have hit the nail right on the head. Thank you for stating the problem so elequoently.

I deleted my account because of the nasty remarks that I must put up with on a regular basis on this forum. Three of the main offenders have shown off why I deleted my account in this thread alone. One of these persons is nasty to me on a regular basis for no reason other than he is just a very nasty person. Another person has called me stupid several times (because I live in California). And the third has sent me nasty PMs calling me nasty names all because I don't change my guitar strings as often as he thinks they should be changed. He is in total denial that I have a problem with some people on this forum and he is even moreso in denial that he is a major part of the problem.

I also have one forum member who follows me around like a lost puppy dog Googling everything I say just so he can try and prove me wrong. That got real old a few years ago. I had my RV sold to a lady on this forum until another forum member talked her out of buying it. So here I sit stuck in Phoenix trying to sell the RV and having no luck. Thanks. There are a few others but I am not going to beat a dead horse. You know who you are and I feel sorry for you.

The name Seilerbird has become nothing more than a cheap joke to many of the forum members  and it really hurts. This is suppose to be the friendliest spot on the Internet for RV owners so why are so many people so mean to me? What exactly did I do to deserve this treatment? I have twice quit posting on this forum because the abuse became so severe. I have complained about the abuse in threads, I have reported it to the staff, I have sent private messages and talked to forum members in person. Nothing changes. So for the FIRST time I have actually deleted my account.

I have a new handle but I only opened this account so I could keep in touch with some of my many friends here and give my side of the story. I did post a goodbye thread before I deleted my account and some staff member deleted it within ten minutes. Thank you for that. I will not be posting very often like I have in the past. It is just not worth the abuse. There are too many people here that think that their opinion is a fact and that my opinion is wrong. I don't understand why they can't understand that some people have a different opinion than they do. And why do they have to get so nasty when someone does have a different opinion than they do? And then call me a name because I don't have the same opinion they do? That is just sick.

I wish to thank all the polite people on this forum who voiced their support for me in this thread, via PMs or via email. You are wonderful. It is sad that a few rotten eggs have to spoil the whole basket.

I'm sorry that this issue has gotten as far as it has.  I believe that disagreement fosters productive discussion - to a point.  When disagreement becomes "personal" then it has gone too far.  I think it a lot of cases, it does go too far, and people, like Tom S., can get offended (and rightly so).  There is a fine line between "productive disagreement" and "personal".  Knowing where that line is can be a difficult thing to grasp because it's in a different spot for each person, I think.  Also, email and forum posting does not lend itself well to interpretation.  No non-verbal communication can be achieved, so it's easier to be offensive, and to get offended.  Tom, I hope you will reconsider your decision.  I will miss your posts and discussions.  I think you have a lot to offer here.

I had my RV sold to a lady on this forum until another forum member talked her out of buying it.
I remember that thread. Somebody knocked the idea of buying your rig for no good reason that I could fathom. I disagreed.
If more people would follow the old adage about having something nice to say, things would be a lot friendlier on the net. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom