Seilerbird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jje1960 said:
Frankly any Forum member leaving with or without all the dramatics is unnecessary.  Last I understood, just posting with different views has always been excepted without foot stomping and posting of lengthy manifestos.  Tom's welcome here at anytime, it's his choice to participate or not.  I'd love to meet Tom in a camping excursion, that's what it's all about here.

Tom did not leave because others expressed different views. It was the personal attacks that finally got through to him. Suggest you "read" his manifesto. In my view, if the attacks are harsh enough and become that frequent, leaving may be necessary.

Bob, I have "read" his manifesto.  Frankly, it's over the top with paranoia, Tom had so much to offer with his posts and pictures, however did not wish to hear anything that did not tow the line with his perspective.  Our Forum is not the only place that Tom has been abusive, wish he would just not get so animated with his anger.  I refuse to post personal information, but frankly Tom has been so nasty at times, it's hard to understand.  Point blank, I hope he returns with posts to his Forum friends and participates with all his experience.

JerAndra, wait one here, no one purposefully interfered with the sale of his MH, look back at the original post, plenty were just talking about the decision to move into the RV lifestyle, period.  There was nothing to be vindictive or hateful about, that was all perception.  Let's not go there please.

I can't find the post where Tom was selling his Allegro. Anyone have a link to it? Thanks.

Ray D.

Ray D said:
I can't find the post where Tom was selling his Allegro. Anyone have a link to it? Thanks.

Ray D.

It was here Ray. He also has it currently listed on the Phoenix Craigslist here if anyone knows of anyone interested.

I hope Tom sells it soon.  I know he's worked hard to make sure everything is in working order.  Good luck on it, Tom!

ArdraF

jje1960,

I was responding to Bob Buchanan, not you.  OTOH, I am sorry that my post upset you so.

Just to prove to you that my post was NOT directed toward you I removed my post.

Best regards,
JerryF

This is not intended as a response to any particular person or message; Just some comments for general consumption.

For clarification, TomS did not post his RV for sale on our Private For Sale board; We discourage posting comments in reply to ads placed there. The possibility of selling TomS' RV started on our Newcomer's Corner board, but discussions went to PM or email.

Many of us wished him the best with his new coach and the sale of his old one, and several folks even encouraged the wannabe to "take him up on his generous offer". But we have no idea what went on in those private conversations, and that's the way it should be. Any negotiations for a private sale should be between buyer and seller, and are not for public discussion in a forum.

When he left, TomS did not mention the 'lost sale' as a reason for leaving, and I don't know why this is now coming up.

Bob Buchanan said:
Tom did not leave because others expressed different views. It was the personal attacks that finally got through to him. Suggest you "read" his manifesto, 4ducksrus. In my view, if the attacks are harsh enough and become that frequent, leaving may be necessary.

Bob, I have not read his "manifesto" I was just commenting on my experiences with him, which like I previously, said were always valuable.  When you mention Tom being harsh, are you talking about Tom (Seilerbird)?  and if so...that's not what I found on my conversations with him, so I can't address that.

Mikie

4ducksrus said:
Bob, I have not read his "manifesto" I was just commenting on my experiences with him, which like I previously, said were always valuable.  When you mention Tom being harsh, are you talking about Tom (Seilerbird)?  and if so...that's not what I found on my conversations with him, so I can't address that.

Mikie

That's an OOPS on my part, Mikie.  :(  My comment about reading the manifesto was to JJE1960 - and my post quoted him and responded to him. I hate it when someone uses a handle vs. their real name. I can understand in some cases wanting the last name omitted, but to not even want folks on this type of forum to even know the first name is not good, IMO. Anyway, I used your handle in my response to JJE1960 - picked it up as your post was next to his - and have since removed it. My apologies . . .

Yes, I was referring to Tom Seiler in my post. JJE1960 stated that Tom should not have left just because others disagreed with his views (which was "not" the reason he left), and my response was that if the attacks were harsh enough, I could understand why anyone might want to leave.

Bob,
Thank you for the clarification.  Now, that makes more sense and I agree, if someone is that unhappy they should leave.  This forum, IMO, is for my enjoyment...not to stress me out!

Mikie

Tom said:
When he left, TomS did not mention the 'lost sale' as a reason for leaving, and I don't know why this is now coming up.

Reading Tom Seilers post as to his reasons for leaving I find mention of his lost sale as part of that. In that post he also mentions he posted earlier as to his reasons for leaving, but that post was deleted. Was that the post you are writing about as to not mentioning the lost sale?

I had not read the topic about the sale itself, but did last evening after the link was posted -- and the interchange between Tom and the person he feels lost his sale and mentions indirectly in his "why he left" post. So it would seem that is why it is now coming up.

Bob Buchanan said:
That's an OOPS on my part, Mikie.  :(  My comment about reading the manifesto was to JJE1960 - and my post quoted him and responded to him. I hate it when someone uses a handle vs. their real name. I can understand in some cases wanting the last name omitted, but to not even want folks on this type of forum to even know the first name is not good, IMO. Anyway, I used your handle in my response to JJE1960 - picked it up as your post was next to his - and have since removed it. My apologies . . .

Yes, I was referring to Tom Seiler in my post. JJE1960 stated that Tom should not have left just because others disagreed with his views (which was "not" the reason he left), and my response was that if the attacks were harsh enough, I could understand why anyone might want to leave.
Bob, my name is Jim, nice to meet you!  I've never really thought about it over the years of using the Forum, thanks for pointing it out, I've added 'Jim' to the signature on the profile.  And BTW... what kind of TP do you use?  He eh ehe hehe  sorry, couldn't resist that! :) :) :)

[quote author=Bob Buchanan]Reading Tom Seilers post as to his reasons for leaving I find mention of his lost sale as part of that.[/quote]

The reasons given the day he left, in a message no longer visible on the forum, said nothing about the sale of his coach. That's why I couldn't understand how it was being brought up several weeks after he'd stated his reasons.

... that post was deleted

Not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom