95 Pace arrow will not idle after fuel pump replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

95pace

After changing out the fuel pump on my pace arrow it will not idle.I changed out fuel filter and it seemed to run a little smoother but will not idle at all.Lots of nasty  stuff came out of old filter and I am afraid maybe it sucked some trash into TBI anyone know if these can be cleaned out.The motor was running great before changing filter,just had intermitent fuel delivery problems.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it a Ford 460 chassis, or what?  Is the fuel pump submerged, or is an auxiliary in use?

This is a Chevy p30 with 454 TBI,with fuel pump in tank.This job went fairly smooth considering  having to drop an 80 gallon tank.Just can't figure out what went wrong unless I got some trash into pressure regulator or in the injectors.If you hold throttle open it runs a little rough then smooths out,but as soon as I let off of accelerator it will die.It cranks right back up so I know new pump is working,but haven't checked fuel pressure with guage.I replaced the old pump with a delphi pump did not trust the airtex as I had never heard of them.

You should see a round (1" dia. approx. x 2" long ) AIS motor ( automatic idle speed)  going in to side of throttle body or near with an electrical connector attached.  ( note, the connector & component at end of throttle shaft is the TPS, (throttle position sensor ) so don't mistake that. )  The AIS is usually held in with 2 or 3 Torx head screws. Note position of connector etc for re-install. Remove the connector, remove the screws and wiggle the motor out from throttle body where it is mounted. With some throttlebody spray cleaner, available at some department stores, or any autoparts store, spray the shaft & Pintle (pointed end) well to clean it. Also spray cleaner in to port (hole) it came out of as well. Be careful you don't damage or lose small "O" ring at base of AIS motor. After cleaning, carefully re-install, snug up the screws, make sure connector is clean etc., then re-install connector.  If that cures it for a while, but later starts doing it again, replace the AIS motor with a new one. The AIS is supposed to maintain proper idle especially when under load conditions such as AC on. I've seen them get dirty and cause stalling at stops, turns etc.  For a $5 can of spray and a little time and patience it may just cure it.

Anybody know what the fuel pressure should be on a  Chevy 454 TBI with 80 gallon tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sptddog
Back
Top Bottom