Sam's Club no longer carries Interstate batteeries!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

A BIG disappointment.  The Sam's Club employee told me that Interstate would not renew the contract because they were underpricing their other dealers.  A shame to see such a good deal end.  I am buying what I need from Interstate for $119 including return.  Sam's Club was now selling Energizer for $97 plus return.  I feel safer with the extra $20 and Interstate.

Smoky

When I needed a particular Interstate battery, I checked on the internet, found a distributor phone number. I called it and the lady looked up the battery I needed then checked if any local dealers had any on hand. None did, so she had 2 shipped to my closest dealer for me to pick up the next day.

These people treated my so nice, I will definitely deal with them again and use their products., don't hurt that they sponsor Joe Gibbs Racing also.

BTW, it was deep cycle batteries for my motorhome house batteries.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the batteries that the FL dealer sells are OEM and are quite good, probably cheaper than the Interstates.

While it is true that Sam's does not carry the Interstate brand,,, The fact is there are no interstate batteries.. They are made by one of two companies. One is Johnson Controls.  (And I'm not 100% sure of the other) .

Who makes the batteries Sam's does sell?

I just got two small (Lawn Tractor) batteries for my wife's mobility scooter, These U-1 size 31 amp hour batteries replaced a pair of 17 amp hour AGM's that died young, as AGM's often do (they are the shortest lived of the options we have).

They are the Wal-Mart house brand.. "Distributed by Johnson Controls" clearly fine printed upon them.

Oh, wife is very happy, the six year old AGM's. (Like the six year old East Penn AGM's I had in the motor home) were getting very weak,  These new ones give her scooter about 2x the range it had when the batteries were brand new.

The "next newest" batterys in my coach are the OEM's  1 maintenance free starting battery, and a pair of Interstate U-2200s.. All going strong.  I also have a Group 29 Maintenance free that is.. Not so good.. It will be the next to get replaced, it is OLDER than the RV however by a few years.

I just got a quote from Freightliner 10 minutes ago on starting batteries for my 2005 Journey with 350 hp Cat diesel:  $69.99 ea. (925 CCA).  Obviously, there would be an addition core charge if you didn't bring in your old batteries.

Daniel C. Ellis
2005 Winnebago Journey 39F
Portland, Oregon

I stopped using Interstate Batteries about 10 years ago.  I had problems with several of them and finally quit.  Since then I've been using wal-mart batteries for my tractors and truck.    I'm using the 6 volt golf cart batteries sold by Sams Club for the deep cycle on my trailer for three years now and am very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom