Winnebago Recall Information?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomnnva

I'm a new Winnebago owner and was wondering how they alert owners of product recalls notices.  Will I receive an email, smail, phone call or is there some particular web site I can visit to keep myself informed?  Also, will Winnebago advise me of recall notices from Freightliner, or is that an entirely different notification system?

That's a great question Tom.  Winnebago will send you by snail mail any recalls about the house part, but I don't think they will about the chassis (not sure but I will find out.)  Here's a good source for chassis recalls.  Also, as a Freightliner chassis owner, you will be able to get a login/password to the Freightliner site that will be the same as dealer access - everything you wanted to know about your chassis.  Look around the FCOC web site (previous link) for instructions as to how to apply for access.

Thanks for the info, John.  I'm going to the Freightliner school in March so I'll ask them about access to the www site..

Tom - here's the response from my Winnebago contact:

We supply owner information to our different vendors, chassis manufacturer, Norcold etc...  this is updated when we receive 2nd. owner information, we rely on the various vendors to administer their own recalls, these are usually communicated via U.S. mail.  There are exceptions, for example one of the recent Norcold recalls was sent out by Winnebago Industries as we had the most current listing of owners and it was easier for us to track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom