Anyone know what the fuel pressure on 95 Pace Arrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

95pace

Anyone have an idea what the fuel pressure should be on a 95 Pace Arrow  with  Chevy 454 TBI  and a 80 gallon tank.I changed out the fuel pump on Saturday and it went smooth.When we finished up I put fuel back in and started her up ,fired right up but would not idle when you give it some gas it seems to run ok until you hit it hard and it seems to be starving for fuel.Took the TBI apart yesterday and cleaned up everything no real gunk anywhere,changed out the new fuel filter with another one just in case,it still will not idle.The only thing I can think of is I have a bad new pump and will pull it again this weekend ,in the meantime I would like to find out  what kind of pressure I should have now but can't find any real numbers on it.Iwas hoping someone here would have an idea.

I still can't get  my 95 454 TBI to run right after new fuel pump installation.We dropped tank yesterday and replaced the new delphi pump listed below with another  delphi still will barely idle and does not want to take gas.I played around with TBI ,cleaned IAC and other components and got it to idle somewhat ,but it will die as soon as I put it in gear.It sounds like it is starving for fuel also if you get down on it hard it wants to backfire through carb.Before we changed the fuel pump it ran smooth ,just had the check valve leak down problem.When searching for the pump I was wanting to stick with the delphi oem replacement but now I am thinking I should havr tried this bosch pump with higher pressure rating.Anyone have any ideas.Can't get any solid facts on which of these I shoud use also found a Napa oem that has even higher rating .Where in the world can you find the info you need to make sure you are getting the right part'I am getting tired of dropping this tank.I am going to block off return line today and see if it will run right maybe that will tell me something I hope.

Part Number: BSH N69238    Product Line: Bosch 26 psi  Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 15.95                                                                                                                                                        Delphi Fuel Pumps  Part Number: DFP FE0115  Fuel Pump Pressure Rating : 12 psi  Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 27
Napa  Brand  AFP E3212  Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 40  Fuel Pump Pressure Rating : 36 - 55 psi

I know we are talking apples & oranges here, but we have a 96 chev PU with 350. It sits a lot. When we would go to start it, we would have to crank maybe 10-20 times before it would start. After it started, would pull 6 ton trailer without missing a lick. Gas pressure was around 50 psi. We finally installed a new fuel pump (complete assembly, gas gauge & all). Gas pressure is several psi higher now. It can sit for a month & will crank almost instantly.
Tell me what was happening there.

Mine was doing the same thing and Iwas told the check valve in the pump was giving out.I did not want to get stranded this season so I changed the pump mout.It seems Iwas sold the wrong pump it does not have enough pressure so get to do it again.Yay.sounds like that was what was happeneing with your truck then pump was giving out.

Finally got the pace running right with correct fuel pump installed.Had to take the delphi pump out with only 12psi and go to an Napa  Brand  AFP E3212  Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 40  Fuel Pump Pressure Rating : 36 - 55 psi.She runs smooth as silk now,feel like a pro after dropping that tank 3 times.Thanks Chevy for no shrader valve on fuel line so you can check pressure.that would helped out a lot.So hope this can be some help to anyone having to do mthis change.The Chevy 454 TBI  for my unit likes the higher pressure pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom