Wireing Diagrams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lc1500mb

I know this  subject has been posted several times on here, but I have not seen an actual wiring diagram or detailed drawing on exactly to wire in the extra cord to be able to run both my ac units while plugged into shore power. I have an 1988 Winnie superchief, an was going to purchase the kit from powersource last year, but I waited too long and now I've read they don't sell them anymore. I am going to make my own, but need info on what to make and how, then on how to hook it up. And info would really help an camping season is fast approaching. I have read several posts on here about the basics on doing this ,but never seen any drawing or diagrams I can work from. Emailing me the info is also an option.    Thanks again.

Hi Ho:  I assume that what you want do is to run one from the 30 amp connection and the other from the 20 amp connection.  It seems to me that the real problem is whether your generator has them separated or connected together.  Where I would start is to get a good schematic of the current set-up, then decide how to best do what you want to do.  It is relatively simple to make the changes once you know that.

Dirk

I really don't remember anybody posting specifics on how to accomplish your objective in this board.  If nobody has any specifics for you, I would contact Winnebago Owner Relations and ask them for a copy of your wiring diagram (only 1990 and newer are available on-line.)  Then you will have to work it out for yourself, or have an RV tech or an electrician give you a little assistance.

Actually, the OP asked about running both on shore power, not generator.  Presumably making use of 2 different outlets in the site power pole, the regular connection for the coach and presumably a second one directly from the 2nd A/C to the power pole

If we knew how your coach is presently wired, we could figure out a method for doing what you wish. Get the wiring diagram from Winnie and let's discuss it.  Assuming it is now wired for 30A shore power, we also need to know if your rig will currently run both a/c while on the generator and whether there is a front/rear ac switch that selects which a/c is powered.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom