Major problems with our 2010 Winnebago Itasca Reyo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babette

It's been awhile since I last posted. I still have big problems with my vision after our bad car accident in Texas in June of last year. 
Anyway, To get away for a while from doctors  and therapy for my eyes, we decided to take the motor home and go down to Key west for a few weeks.  We go to a military base there. So many campers there, so we had to dry camp until a full hook up site was available.  Well, we couldn't wait that long, because our 3200 Onan diesel generator after a few days started smoking and drinking oil.  My husband checks the oil all the time and we only have a total of 47 hrs. on it.  Needless to say, we left KW early to find an RV park with hook ups.
Now, another big problem we have with this mh.  The floor board from the fridge all the way to the bath room is dipping in areas.  What could cause that?  We have not detected any leeks.  So now to the question, who best to fix these problems with the flooring?  Will it still be covered under warranty?
As to the generator, we'll take it to an Cummings/Onan shop when we get back home to NC.  Some one in KW told us after looking at the Serial number, that the generator was made in 2008.  Being shocked is an under statement, the mh being sold to us as new in April of 2010.  Can this be???  How would this affect the warranty?
So many questions and I hope you guys can help us with some answers.
Thanks a bunch!

make sure you check with Onan/Cummins before taking it anywhere else, depending when you purchased it i think they have a three year warranty.

Your model year 2010 unit could have been built in 2009 with a gen set produced in late 2008, so a certain model year RV might have components in it of different manufacturing dates. As far as I know, your generator would be covered like it was new in 2010 - it's the in-service date that matters.  You can email Winnebago Owner Relations at [email protected] and ask the guys to be certain.

Your floor board problem seems quite likely to be a leak, unless there is a failing structural member underneath. My first choice would be a trip to the Winnie factory to have them investigate and repair. And maybe even underwrite some or all of the cost if it turns out to be a structural problem.  You are well out of the standard warranty on a 2010, but structural failings often get a longer warranty.

Welcome Bob & Sherry!  My good buddy retired from Navy reserve as a W4 - he flew on P2s and P3s..

I missed the part about the sagging floor.  I would give Owner Relations a call and kick it around with them.  If it is a structural issue, the factory would be a good place to have that addressed as Gary mentioned.

So sorry to hear about problems with your Reyo. Keep us posted as to what the end result is. We just got our Reyo back after waiting two months for everyone to get on the same page and have body work done on the rear panel, and a few other issues. The body shop did a great job getting out the spider cracks in the paint job/gel coating in the rear. The panel isn't sufficiently supported so it wobbles and the paint/gel cracks. No guarantee it won't happen again. Had the door hinge repaired for the third time and it still is not right. Planning on going back to the Winn factory if we can get the warranty extended and have repairs done there on the door, and have the rear panel looked at as well. Lost a hubcap on our last trip. It made a noise from day one and everyone, ( the guys) said it was alright. It whacked the wheel well when it flew off, and we had the area repainted, hubcap replaced. I want that checked as well. Apparently these types of hubcaps are prone to loosening. Still very unhappy with the Dometic refrigerator. Have to defrost every few days which is a pain with medication being stored in it. 2012 supposedly have the same. I want ours checked to make sure it is properly installed. It wasn't when we first got it. We have a love-hate relationship with our unit. Some days we want to sell, but the resale value has plummeted something awful. I have seen postings for new 2011 units for under $90000.
    Hoping for a good recovery for you from your accident. Keep in touch fellow Reyo Owner.

Dear fellow Reyo owner, it seems like we're in the same boat with our units.  This unit is our 3rd. Winnebago motor home that we have purchased new since 1995.  The first one was a 95 Brave Turbo Diesel Pusher.  The 2nd. one was 2000 Journey Diesel Pusher.  We were quite happy with both of them.  But this Reyo .....well, we had/have soooo many problems with it, it's unbelievable.  We want to love this mh and keep it, if we could only get fixed what is wrong with it now.  It is such a beautiful unit and perfect in size for hubby and me. 
With the Dometic fridge we have to defrost ours every few days too.  It's a hassle, but we can live with that.  The biggest problems are the Floor underneath the linoleum ( caused not by leaks ) both big windows and the Onan Diesel Generator.
Lets hope that one day soon everything will be fixed and we'll enjoy troublefree camping.

PS. Thanks for your good wishes!

My husband was doing some maintenance work today and discovered quite a bit of rusting and peeling paint on the inside metal walls of the valve area and storage compartments. The paint has peeled off and large areas are exposed and rusting. He looked underneath and the painted metal making up the support for the storage compartment floor is peeling and rusted almost the entire length of the storage compartments, leaving the thin metal at risk of rotting out. We are waiting to hear from Winn. if he should fix this or if it is still under warranty. I agree, I want to love this unit. The frequent defrosting is unacceptable as we carry very $$$ medication in it.

Reyo owner.
The seal on one of the windows at the top corner is coming loose.  The rubber is too stiff to get it back in place.  It is about 2 inches from the corner.  The other problem with both windows is the plastic window panes.  They have what looks like little scratches/marks all over.  And no we didn't scratch them, they feel smooth when you glide your hand over them.  It is just hard to describe, but it doesn't look good. 

We will have to check our windows. Unfortunately the windows will scratch easily. Have to be careful with what you use to clean them. Haven't done mine yet.

Reyo owner,

It looks like the little scratches are in between the window panes. They must be double pane plexi glass windows.

I have a 2010 Reyo that I bought new a few months ago. I have a 25 R and have replaced the front big window 2 times at camping world(under warranty) with no problems, and am noticing the same problem with back window. It starts with minor spidering and spreads quickly becoming a problem looking through. Obviously there is a problem here that should be recalled by Itasca. Have not had any problems with fridge though? But have heard others having same problems, should be a recall too. Anybody else having a problem keeping door open when there is a slight breeze?

John Canfield said:
Hi Derek - glad to have you join and participate.

Winnebago went bold on designing the Reyo/Via, and it's beginning to look like one of the more problematic products for the company. I see several Reyos up for resale already. More than for the Navion/View.

We saw a Navion IQ at a show and liked it, but these quality issues continue to bug me. Dealers are unrealistic about trade in prices.

Yes, the door closes in a breeze. We also have a problem with the upper hinge seeming loose and the door latch too difficult to open for me. The door actually went out of alignment and had to be fixed.

Derek, do you mean the windshield? I also thought B. was talking about the two push out windows over the bed and couch or sliding windows on the driver and passenger sides.

Our door is real hard to open too. Also had to have the door  aligned a couple of times, because it rubbed the frame in areas. Had to have the inside handle bar refastened, as it came loose.

Derek, I was talking about the push out windows over couch and bed.

I was referring to the windows above couch and bed. I am pretty sure I heard they put different windows in the 2012, so maybe they fixed the problem for new owners. I will check on. I need to call Winnebago about some other issues, so I will find out. Also, the water pump is sooooo loud.... anyone else having that problem? It seems in the 25R model they ran plumbing next to shower surround and it vibrates. Not sure if it can be fixed. Generator(diesel) is a bit loud too. I love this coach. All of the issues I've had have been minor. This is my second coach.... so I guess I know the drill.
I'm trying to find a solution for the main door staying open. Any ideas? I though a clothespin might clip on piston arm at top? My unit is at Camping World now so I will have to try next time out.
On the roof above the driver in the cab section my paint appears to have cracked in two places. It's about the size of a quarter. Anyone else see that? Winnebago says it's from hail? I don't think so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom