Major problems with our 2010 Winnebago Itasca Reyo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our generator is loud too, even though it is suppose to be a Onan Quiet Diesel.

My unit is in for repairs to the door. I will take a look at the windows and paint above the door when I go to pick it up. Our door needed realignment as well for rubbing. The only paint issue thus far was the cracking in the rear on the rear panel. The panel wobbles as the Reyo is being driven down the road. Every unit we have owned had a loud diesel, no matter what brand.

While I know Forest City is a long way away I would highly follow the recommendation of giving Winnebago factory  a look see. My past experiences with them has always been very favorable.

I agree, Forest City is a long way from the coast of NC, but we'll probably have to go there AGAIN, because of the problem we have with the floor this time. It has to be a structural problem.  What worries us is the fact that they'll most likely have to remove the linoleum. Will they replace all of the linoleum with new or do patchwork?  I guess we'll find out. 

It is very unlikely that they can replace ALL the linoleum as it is usually the first thing put on the floor while building the RV.  All the cabinets are added afterwards and sit on it. If this is so in your case, it will be evident by looking on the floor under the cabinets etc. The same applies to carpets in most cases.

Derek L said:
I'm trying to find a solution for the main door staying open. Any ideas? I though a clothespin might clip on piston arm at top?

Winnebago lists a bar that is supplied with the 2012 Reyo and Via to hold the door open.  I have not seen it, but it is listed in this document on the Winnebago site.  http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/wiu/pdfs/2012Itasca/2012%20Reyo.pdf  The document includes a list of changes in the 2012 model compared to 2011.

Edit by John to close quote

Thanks Bob. I spoke with CW and they don't think the bar will work with my 2010 Reyo. I need to find someone that has it and see how it works. They are not sure if it can be attached to 2010 door. Apparently it might be slightly different.

Earlier we were talking about the windows above the bed and couch on the 25r. I spoke with winnebago and those are dual pane windows built by Dometic. I asked if they would cover them past 1 year because they have had so many returns on them. He said Dometic would have to step up, it was out of Winnebago's hands. Those windows on the 2012 Reyo are single pane(cheaper), window coverings are cheaper, and generator is propane(cheaper).

I wonder if there will be heat loss with the single pane windows. I already feel a draft when in bed at night. BTW is there a way to reset the oil maint. message if you change your own oil? My husband changed the oil, after the nearest dealer said they would clear the message for him for no charge.  When he got there the general manager said "no way" and charged him for a half hour of labor for a job that took less then ten minutes!! He got a free wash for spending over $68.00.

We have plans to mosey on over to Kentucky by way of West Virginia. We went there in our truck camper several years ago, mostly on the eastern half. Any recommendations of must see spots on the western side would be appreciated. Then back to Nashville. Really like the area.

Babette, how are you doing?

If you having trouble with the refrigerator frosting up, it is usually caused by air leaking thru the gasket on the door. usually this can be adjusted via the hinges on the door. as far as resetting the maintenance light, your engine manual should list the procedure, if not, check the on line forums for your engine/chassis, like the Diesel Place etc. Hope this helps.

" BTW is there a way to reset the oil maint. message if you change your own oil? My husband changed the oil, after the nearest dealer said they would clear the message for him for no charge.  When he got there the general manager said "no way" and charged him for a half hour of labor for a job that took less then ten minutes!! He got a free wash for spending over $68.00."

Here is a link to the method to reset the Maintenance Interval  http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41635&d=1332253580

Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom