2012 Thor ACE 29.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jan - I bought this one.  I had to take off the expandable piece away and it is a very tight fit.  Definitely will not move while traveling.

http://www.target.com/p/Michael-Graves-for-Target-Small-Cutlery-Tray/-/A-11994471

jon

What sheets do you use?  "Short queen" for the bed?  How about the bunk, sofa, and dinette?  Just sleeping bags?  We'll be using all the beds!

I'm making a list of things I think I need.  Is there a general list like that around here somewhere?

We purchased regular sheets for the bed and they fit just fine (even though it seems very short to me).  I also purchased a regular queen set for the bunk, but we haven't used them yet.  We purchased sheet clips that you use on the corners in case they didn't fit just right.

I think the sleeping bag option sounds great, but they would be more bulky to store.  For the sofa and dinette, I would buy a couple flat sheets.  We have blankets that we put over the leather so the dogs don't scratch it up and they fit great over the sofa when folded out.

Here is a link to a checklists from this site:  http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=15:checklists&Itemid=45&layout=default

When I was putting my list together I thought of all the items I used at home most frequently and went from there.  Obviously, you then need to add the outdoor camping items like chairs, screen tents, mats, etc.  Then some RV safety items like tire pressure gauge, tools, warning triangles, etc.

It was a HUGE list but once we got everything into the RV it didn't seem like that much stuff.

After reading the good rep about Darrell Primrose in this forum, I gave him a call about a 29.2 and was very happy with the deal he came up with!  He beat all the other places east of the Mississippi I called.  I'll be flying out from Seattle to pick up the rig in Chicago, then a bit of East Coast exploration before driving back.  Kind of a long commute, but we're excited about it.

The Internets (and this forum especially) have been very good to Darrell, it seems.  :)  He deserves it, though... he's been great to work with so far.

cj

What I like about the deal with him was the right price with out bargaining. He gave me fair price first time around.
I personally hate when you are put in the situation and have to ask for better price. The dealer say I have to talk to manager and bla bla bla.

I asked Darrell Primrose for best price and he give it to me, no hassling for better deal needed.. Also he is not lazy to communicate properly and give all advice needed.

jjbescher said:
Jan - I bought this one.  I had to take off the expandable piece away and it is a very tight fit.  Definitely will not move while traveling.

http://www.target.com/p/Michael-Graves-for-Target-Small-Cutlery-Tray/-/A-11994471

jon

I really like the Target one. Have to stop at Target to get one.
Thank you for the link.

Hi Jan,

I'm at the dealer in Buffalo working out the kinks in my new from the factory 30.1.  We're working hard to figure out a wood on wood squeak sound that is right above my driver's head in the cabinetry.  It's not the slide in my case.  The service manager is putting slippery plastic into try and fix this issue.  Didn't solve it.

Now I have to decide if I'm going to get the entire shelf cabinet above me pulled down.  In my case is makes the noise even crawling around a parking lot.

I'm heading back to Toronto today with the unit so that I can enjoy the weekend with the family with it.

I can live with it but being brand new I expect it will only get worse...

Jan Stiskala said:
mine is making squeaking noise just behind the driver seat above my head. I think that noise is made by slide out. Don't know how to fix this, but I can live with this .

Yes I am having the same problem. Please let me know what happened after repair and what was the reason for the noise.

Picking up my 29.2 tomorrow afternoon!  Can't wait! 

Already we know we have to take it back to have the bedroom tv installed.  They said they didn't have the right mount.  It sounds like we'll have to/ want to take it back in a couple of weeks anyway to work out whatever isn't quite right anyway. 

We never did solve the problem.  Seems like a design issue with the way they staple together the cabinets over the bunk bed.  However, on today's 3 hour trip it only made itself known a few times.

I'm at a Provincial Park with the family this weekend.  My air conditioner is draining across the roof, hitting one of the right hand side fixtures then running down the awning.  In the wind it sprays you under the awning and I don't like the awning and it's bar being kept wet all the time.

Where does your air conditioner drain?

My couch cub holders are directly under the window dressings so you can't put anything bigger than a small cup in it.  It would have been simple for them to make the holes further down.

Do your upper bunks have a light?  The kids can't read at night up there without a flashlight.  The main lights are too far away for them to turn off at night.

Lots of little things issues like this.

Thanks.

Jan Stiskala said:
Yes I am having the same problem. Please let me know what happened after repair and what was the reason for the noise.

All Thor 29.2 have light for upper bank. It is nice strong light above front passenger seat.
So far I have no problems with water from AC, so I didn't look for drain solution they applied Will look at this later.. Also my problem with squeaky noise is sort out, all what was needed was slide out adjustment.
So far so good for me.

Our slide still makes a terrible noise behind the driver seat.  It definity isn't the shelving above.  It's something with the rubber seal against the metal slide.  It doesn't seem to be bad on the way up for a trip but on the way back it's terrible.

Our AC also drains funny but we haven't had a problem like you said about sitting under the awning.  Ours typically drains to the left when parked but it goes either way when driving.  It's definitely something we noticed right away because you see it running down the windows.  If you are having troubles while sitting under the awning then you must be leaning to the right side.  You should try adjusting so it drains to the left.

The cup holders are bad all around up front.  The ones in the middle don't hold bottles and like you said the driver ones is positioned horribly.  We keep everything in bottles with lids to they can lay around.

Like Jan said, there is a light on the side of the cabinet over the passenger seat that is used for the bunk.

Jemz - saw you picked up your RV and are enjoying it so far!  Can't wait to hear how your first trip goes.  :D

Our AC mainly drains to the Driver side.  Every now and then it will drain to the passenger side.  So far no issue with the slide.  Also, that light is bright for the bunk, it can also be used to light up the cab area when the bunk is up.

I have taken mine out a few more times and I I love it even more.  Having the generator is awesome.  It is a shop today getting it so I can tow my Honda Pilot behind it.

jon

Glad you enjoy your RV Jon
Today I went to Camping world in Utah and they readjusting my slide. hope that eliminate all noise. It was really not that bad, but since it is under the warranty I asked them to look at this. I will let you know if all is ok after adjustment.

Thanks for the feedback.  I have the auto jack levelling system so I'm hoping I don't have to manually override it to drain on the left side.  It seems to be normal to dribble onto the roof as a trailer near me had the same air conditioner type.  However, his trailer has a small rain gutter on the sides so it nicely runs off the back of his.

I'll have to call Thor about the bunk light.  I looked at pictures online for the 30.1 like ours and I can't see a light in them.

Did everybody's units get a front end alignment done as part of the PDI?  I'm not sure if mine did.  Thor put a sticker on my driver's panel recommending one.  An associate that owned the 29.1 got his tires Road Force balanced and highly recommends that also.

BCinTOR said:
Thanks for the feedback.  I have the auto jack levelling system so I'm hoping I don't have to manually override it to drain on the left side.  It seems to be normal to dribble onto the roof as a trailer near me had the same air conditioner type.  However, his trailer has a small rain gutter on the sides so it nicely runs off the back of his.

I'll have to call Thor about the bunk light.  I looked at pictures online for the 30.1 like ours and I can't see a light in them.

Did everybody's units get a front end alignment done as part of the PDI?  I'm not sure if mine did.  Thor put a sticker on my driver's panel recommending one.  An associate that owned the 29.1 got his tires Road Force balanced and highly recommends that also.

I didn't realize you have a 30.1.  Your cabinets are not in the same location as the 29.2 so you won't have the same light that we do.  It seems weird that there isn't one for the bunk but if there isn't a cabinet or any other surface on the non slide side then I guess you don't have one.  You should get them a couple book lights.  :D

I don't know anything about the front end alignment.  Don't recall ever hearing about it but that doesn't mean it wasn't done.

A front end alignment would not be a part of the PDI.  Most dealers aren't equipped to do an alignment anyway.  If you can talk them into getting one done, go for it, the worst they can say is no :)

Question for owners of 29.2's: are there 110v electrical outlets next to the bed in the rear of the coach?  I noticed the nice, deep bedside shelves in pictures on-line, but can't see if there's a place to plug in a clock radio when connected to shore power.

Thanks!
cj

Back
Top Bottom