2012 Thor ACE 29.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
harlee79 said:
I recieved the schematics for the waste plumbing and noticed the bathroom sink drains to the black.  Maybe this is normal as this is my first motorhome but i assumed it drained to the Grey tank, just thought i'd let everyone know incase they assumed the same as I.

Interesting!  I assumed all water usage went to the grey tank.  I will have to stop washing my hands in the bathroom sink!

harlee79 said:
I recieved the schematics for the waste plumbing and noticed the bathroom sink drains to the black.  Maybe this is normal as this is my first motorhome but i assumed it drained to the Grey tank, just thought i'd let everyone know incase they assumed the same as I.

Where did you get the schematics for the 29.2? I'd be interested in getting a set. PDF I assume...

Some RVs do drain the bathroom sink to the black water holding tank but it's not always the case.  Most will drain to the gray water holding tank.  Some layouts just make it easier to drain to one tank or the other.

Gridge said:
Where did you get the schematics for the 29.2? I'd be interested in getting a set. PDF I assume...
I requested them from Thor, PM me with your email and i'll be glad to email them. and yes they are pdf.

harlee79 said:
The small tanks have been an issue for us and not easy to contend with a bunch of girls on board.  We have pretty much decided anything more than 2 nights requires full hookups(alot of hand washing fills the grey fast).

2 things that may help reduce the hand washing fillups. Whenever we will be dry camping for an extended period, we put a package of baby wipes by the sink and use that instead of wash/wipe. The other is a wand that screws onto the faucet and is a pressure release, you move it with your hand for the water to flow and when you take your hand away the flow stops. We got our wand at Camping World, I've seen it at RV rallies and you might find it at hardware stores.

I am a little disappointed today.  We can't get our RV into the dealer for our repairs until after our 2 week trip at the end of July.  So much for taking small test trips to find all the problems before our main trip.  I thought buying from the dealer where we would have it serviced made it more likely that they would "squeeze in" our repairs.  It's no really a huge deal...nothing major except possibly the generator overheating that needs to be fixed.
So my husband called Thor to try to get the generator repair kit.  (By the way, is it something that is easy to do?)  The person he talked to didn't seem the most informed.  He said we had to take it into be serviced first to be properly diagnosed before they would send the repair kit.  That doesn't sound like what others have reported.  I really hope this is a non-issue on our upcoming trip.  We use our generator a lot for airconditioning and TV for the kids while we are driving.
When should we change the oil in the generator the first time?  I remember it was recommended we change the engine oil after the firt 1000 miles.  We did that.

Another question...If the bathroom sink drains to the black tank, does the shower too?

We too thought it would be convenient to purchase our RV at a nearby dealer for service purposes.  After our first trip, that resulted in many issues,  we called this dealer to make an appointment for warranty work and they told us their next appointment was in 6 months.  6 MONTHS!!  Who the hell wants to wait this long?!?!  We were convinced the wait was because we were getting warranty work done.

So instead of driving around the corner for service we take our RV 45 minutes away to Giant Recreation World.  They got us an appointment 2 days after we returned from our trip and fixed everything perfectly.

We thought we had picked the best dealer when we made our purchase.  They were so friendly and helpful during the purchase but once we drove off the lot we realized we had been duped.  Not only did we have the service issue but when we went back to order some supplies they were rude and barely gave us the time of day.

Lesh
ACE is much smaller RV than whatJim have.
There is always some compromise for size speed and consumption of the fuel.
I am living in ACE now with my wife for 1 and half month and have no problem. But I am not staying in dry camp longer than 3 days in row.
On the other hand, I travel now close to 7000 miles in 9 weeks and can't imagine to do that with large pusher or heavy A class.
I have little problem now, my water pump is dripping. I stopped at RV Sacramento and they will fix this for me after tomorrow. Not big issue.

Regarding Bathroom sink draining to black tank, I have no idea if mine is connected that way. Must check this. Sounds strange.

Lesh said:
Black is 24.5 gallons and grey is 44 gallons.  We are considerably smaller than you.  I guess we never thought to check tank sizes, I assumed they were pretty standard across the board.

No, there is no standard and thus sizes vary all over the place.  As I said, my grey and black are the same size.  Good engineering would dictate different sizes but ...  Also I have available unused weight, I am way under my gross weight, so the spare space, unuseable for other uses, could have easily been used for Larger tanks.

Gridge

Just click on the 'quote' symbol under the user's avatar that you wish to contact. Note: Posters have to have a minimum number of posts on the forum before they can message others, 5 might be the magic number but not sure of that.) Some may have their profiles set so they do not receive PM's

DegoRed said:
Was wondering about the leveling jacks, we camped on a perfectly flat site last night, system said it was level before putting jacks down, after all the jacks were done, not one single wheel is on the ground.  Thought it kind of odd to lift entire rig so high up in the air.

We camped in GC for three days and now have a new generator problem.  Our generator will not run everything in coach.  We can run the AC or the Micro, but not both.  We tried switching the Refer to gas to take some of the load off, but still no luck.  When the load picks up, generator just starts to bog down, then just quits all together.  Anyone else had this problem?  Our generator is supposed to run entire house at one time.  Starting to wonder if this genset is a little undersized to begin with.

Hi DegoRed,

That's very dangerous to have all your wheel's off the ground.  That can cause serious damage based on my reading of the manual.  Your levelling jacks need to re-calibrated.

I found the problem with my levelling jacks.  The red wire on the 4 wire connector to the control panel fell off.  It was never installed properly.  I've made a temporary fix until I can get a new connector.  I'm glad I found another forum posting with the same of flashing jacks down, engage parking brake, and excess angle that indicates a bad connection so I traced everything.  It's not documented in any of the Lippert manuals.

I bought the custom paint job.  The paint has fallen off a big strip of the plastic trim between the roof and the side panel.  Bright white so very obvious.

Does anyone else have rain gutters?  I still have the annoying problem of the air conditioner dripping on to the awning and down to our sitting area.  Water from the roof drips anywhere it wants.

Our generator handles the fridge plus 15k air conditioner on high, plus microwave no problem.  We selected all available options on our 30.1 but can't remember if that included a stronger generator.

BCinTOR said:
I bought the custom paint job.  The paint has fallen off a big strip of the plastic trim between the roof and the side panel.  Bright white so very obvious.

Wow, I know bonding paint to plastic isn't always easy but that is so disappointing.  I hope they will fix that for you under warranty, just makes me concerned about the longevity of the paint in general.

BCinTOR said:

Does anyone else have rain gutters?  I still have the annoying problem of the air conditioner dripping on to the awning and down to our sitting area.  Water from the roof drips anywhere it wants.

We noticed the same paint problem in the same area when we did our pre-delivery inspection.  The guy tried to wave it off saying we could use the touch-up paint we were given to fix that ourselves.  I told him, "No way, we want that fixed for us."  It's on our list of things to be fixed but they've yet to do it.  Now I notice that a strip of paint is missing near one of the bay doors too.  That may have happened by just using the bay doors.  Not cool.

Our AC drips over the awning too.  We just manually changed the leveling to tilt a bit toward the other side and that akes care of it.

When you guys are talking about paint missing did you get the base paint with decals or the full body paint model?  I wouldn't think the full body paint models would have strips of paint missing.

Lesh said:
When you guys are talking about paint missing did you get the base paint with decals or the full body paint model?  I wouldn't think the full body paint models would have strips of paint missing.
Full body paint in my case which wasn't cheap.

That is the same thing that we have.  I guess we better inspect the coach next time and see if we are having the same issues. 

I thought that whole point of paying more for the full body paint was so that there were no paint issues.  What is happening seems like a decal problem.  What a rip off!

Looks like there is always something wrong with RV vehicles. My pump just started leaking and have to be replaced.
Thanks god that Camping world is always taking good care and fix all the repairs with out hassle. Took them only 2 hours to replace the faulty pump and they actually replaced the original cheap pump with better quality one and slightly stronger model. Thor agreed with this upgrade with out any hassle.

I am sorry to hear about paint problems you have. Surely this will be fixed under warranty for you. Your dealership should take care of it for you.

I just travel close to 7000 miles with my RV and so far nothing Major except damage I did my self by falling off Cattle grid. (don't lough please)

When I was in Roseville Camping world replacing my faulty pump, there was many RV owners fixing serious problems on new upmarket RV trailers under warranty. This just show that it is hard to find perfect problem free product. One guy was complaining that he spent $180 000 for his rig and in past 6 months driving in and out repairing things. His slide outs was not working this time. I felt sorry for him and my small problem with my waterpump was not issue to much after what he was going through. Guess that quality control in RV manufacturing is not the best, or product is so complicated that to many things can go wrong.

Over all, I am happy with my choice to travel USA in RV. Just love it.

Back
Top Bottom