2012 Thor ACE 29.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lesh said:
Interesting!  I knew that it was smaller than the one in the 30.1, but never paid attention to the actual size in there.

Does the location of the TV bother anyone else?  It only seems to work well when you lie down on the cough.  If you sit at the dinette it's awkward and neither of our driver/passenger chairs rotate enough to see the TV properly either.  It really needs to have a swivel on it.

I did not realize it was 24" until I got the manual that states it was 24".  I really have not had a chance to watch the TV, so I do not know about the placement.  However, I would like to get a new mount that allows it to swivel along drop down a little bit.

I'll have to check on the inverter thing for the plug on the TV, i'm not sure exactly what your speaking of but i'll research it if it makes the TV work while in motion :)  I also have alot of difficulty rotating the driver/passenger chairs.  I assume its cause its new but its quite the ordeal, moving arms up and down to swivel them.  I can only get the passenger chair to move perpendicular as it hits the couch(even with the arm removed).  I also agree that the dinette is not that comortable to watch tv in, the best place is laying on the couch or up on the drop bed.

This has been a great thread for me to read.  I am interested in an ACE. 

One thing I haven't read is how it pulls your towable.  Do most of you pull a vehicle or are you using the ACE for all travel?

I am not pulling, but gee this RV engine have Lot of power. I am in Montana now and have no problems up to hills at all.
My av. consumption is 7galons per 100 KM about 65 miles I think. Thanks god that fuel in USA is so cheap.

I'm getting setup to tow a ford explorer I don't expect to have any issues with power.  From what can tell its got some to spare.

Thanks Jim. It was nice to met you. And Yes I bought this RV to tour USA and live sort of gypsy live each year for 3 to 4 months. That means lot of miles to travel.
So far I find this RV great to handle on road and comfortable. Space is nicely arranged and I would say that there is not one foot of space waisted. My compliment to Thor.
Power is enormous and I was overtaking Many RV vehicles when driving up to hills of Montana. Must say that I did not step on the gas pedal fully yet.

Our dogs really love the computer station up front!  I don't think an actual computer will ever sit there.

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 63
My husband does all the driving and I spend trips with all 3 dogs in my lap.  ;D

LOVE this thread!  We've been looking at the ACEs for more than a year now and are close to buying (I think.)  Now that we are getting serious, I have a couple of stupid questions to hold me over until we go look at one again:

Are there only six seatbelts?  (This is important to me because we have 4 little kids and would like to have another baby next year. I know there's room for them to sleep comfortably but how about driving safely?)

The TV/DVD player working while we are driving is a big deal to us (for kid's entertainment on long driving days.)  When we looked at the dealer, the salesman indicated that there was only a problem when the TV was in front of the driver and not a problem on the ACE.  Was he wrong/lying?  I'm a rule follower, but I question it when the rules don't make sense.  I don't see how the TV will distract the driver in it's location on the 29.2.  Is this going to be a big obstacle?

Where do you plug in things like a toaster and coffeemaker?  I haven't looked in person but I don't see outlets in the pics or videos.  Are they just tucked away?  I understand you store those things when you're driving.

Any advice for making this purchase?  I've got a quote from rvdirect and have requested an internet quote from Camping World near Chicago which is 90minutes from us. (Glad to hear you got a good price from them, Jan.) I'm looking at getting it fully loaded but no body paint.  Is there anything I should save/spend my money on? 

Thanks for the help!

By the way, Jan, my DH did contact your guy at CW but hasn't heard back yet.  Since I'm new to these forums I don't know if you're allowed to post prices, but if you can give me more info I'd appreciate it.  I got a pretty good internet quote for the ACE 29.2 from another place for $63440 including every option except paint. It's just not near us.  We'd have to take a special trip to pick it up and that's not the direction we want to head this year. We'd probably wait until next year if that's our best price by a lot.  When we were pricing last year, I recall it being right around $60K for the 29.1.  I hadn't seen the 29.2 then, but now I know that's what we want. 

Hello -- my first post here!  :)

My husband and I are in the very early research phase of our first RV.  I've been looking at the ACE motorhomes and like them very much.  Seems that most of you who have posted here prefer the 29.2 to the 29.1.  I'm curious about something I'd read in a couple of different places online, that said not to have the refrigerator in a slide.  I can't give you all the technical reasons, but it had to do with the coolant.  Is this not an issue with the 29.2? 

Thanks!
Emily

There are 2 seatbelts in the sofa and 1 on each side in the dinette which equals 4, then you have the driver and passenger seat for a total of 6.

I haven't tried to run the TV while driving since its only the two of us but my husband thinks it would work if you had the generator running.  It definitely won't run with just the engine going.  I don't know if the people who mentioned theirs not working earlier realized they needed the generator running...they will have to respond.

There are plenty of outlets throughout the kitchen & coach.  They are tucked underneath the cabinets.

I dont know where you live, how you will store the RV or how long you plan to keep it but i would highly recommend the full paint option.  This is going to keep your coach looking nicer longer and you won't have to worry about the decals peeling.

Did you get a quote on a 2012 or 2012?  I dont know if we got a good deal but we paid $74k for ours with every option including full paint, it's a 2012.

We LOVE our 29.2 and would highly recommend it but obviously it doesn't fit all families & lifestyles. :)

I have 8 seat belts. Dina have seat bells for 4 people lounge for 2 people and front driver and passenger seat.
Mine rv is actually 2013 model as paperwork supplied.

I just sent the dealer e-mail about him not replying to your price request. he is nice bloke and took good care about my purchase. His name is Darrell Primrose.

Jan Stiskala said:
I have 8 seat belts. Dina have seat bells for 4 people lounge for 2 people and front driver and passenger seat.

My dinette only has one large seat belt on each side.  There are not two separate ones for me.  Maybe you can strap in two people with each one?

The main tv will run with the gennie running so it's not a law issue just a power issue.  A lot of the electrical outlets are hidden in this coach, under cabinets or under the dinette.  We just got back from a couple night getaway and everything worked great, we love this coach.  Only issue I have is I can't get the grey tank to fully show empty, but I noticed the sensor for1/3 is level with my outlet feed so it's pretty much impossible for me to show empty.  Not a big deal after I looked it over and now understand the reason.   

Oh and we traveled to pick up our ace local dealers wouldn't come down close to the price we got buying close to the factory.. Couple cheap tickets to Chicago and cheap rental car then save thousands over local pricing for me.  Buy the leveling jacks that is an option you would regret.  The fantastic fan is also nice it moves a lot of air.

harlee79 said:
The main tv will run with the gennie running so it's not a law issue just a power issue.  A lot of the electrical outlets are hidden in this coach, under cabinets or under the dinette.  We just got back from a couple night getaway and everything worked great, we love this coach.  Only issue I have is I can't get the grey tank to fully show empty, but I noticed the sensor for1/3 is level with my outlet feed so it's pretty much impossible for me to show empty.  Not a big deal after I looked it over and now understand the reason. 

We had that same problem with our grey tank sensor.  By the 3rd trip it started showing empty.  We will see what it does tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom