Women Fulltiming Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JulieinOregon

Hello all,
  I'm looking for some input from some solo women who fulltime.......
  I'm widowed and would like to start planning on the time I will spend alone on the road in a motorhome.
  I'm looking for advice as to where to go and how you handle being alone. I'm hoping to go to one area for about a month at a time.  Then I will travel to where I feel like it after! :) 
Do any of you women meet in campgrounds and caravan somewhere together?  I know a lot of people are snowbirds and live in the south 6 months of the year and in the north 6 months of the year.  What do others do?  Do you have regular events that to travel to at the same time each year?
  Thanks in advance for the advice......
Julie in Oregon

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the RVForum.  There are not many single women RVers here, but Gary has given you a good source.  I bet if you do a "Goggle" search for single women RVers, you'll find other forums as well.

Have fun!  RVing is a great life.  Just because you are single don't think you can't get involved here.  We do several rallies per year and you are most welcome.  Also, several of us women drive the rigs!  ;)

Marsha~

Hi Julie,

And welcome to the RV Forum.  Even though the married people outnumber the single people at our RV Forum rallies, singles are always welcome!  This is a very good and safe way to meet other RVers and through them get to meet other single women RVers.

ArdraF

While it certainly worth spending time here at The RV Forum,  another relatively new "Solo" forum is Solo Campers. There is a Solo Female Travelers discussion currently going on at the "Campfire" forum.

Hi Julie.  There is a large group of solo women RVers.  Many of them are widows, as am I.  Go to http://www.womenrv.com/forum/.  It's a great bunch.  They often plan get togethers, large and small, and they sometimes plan caravans.  They're VERY helpful and encouraging too.  Susan

I too am going on the road full-time next year - probably a class b.  I checked out the Solo site but one has to pay $45 for a membership and I am not in a financial situation to do that. Any women traveling alone I would love information on best and cheapest ways to get along. My needs are very minimal and I am looking at living on $700 a month inclusive for everything.

Besides the WomenRV forum, for which there is no charge, there is also a site for singles, but it includes both men and women:  http://www.openroadssingles.com/forum/

For that budget, you might want to consider workcamping at least for part of the year.  It means staying in one place, but your site would be paid for and in some cases, you might earn a small salary.

JudyJB

JudyJB said:
Besides the WomenRV forum, for which there is no charge, there is also a site for singles, but it includes both men and women:  http://www.openroadssingles.com/forum/

For that budget, you might want to consider workcamping at least for part of the year.  It means staying in one place, but your site would be paid for and in some cases, you might earn a small salary.

JudyJB

Is anyone currently a member to openroadssingles.com
I have tried to set up an account with them but the system is bugged or something and i can't reach anyone without registering so if we currently have someone who is a member on this forum please help me thanks

never mind got it figured out but thanks again to the people here for posting the links to the other sites for singles

Back
Top Bottom