Problem with Black Water storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarr3669

I have a 98' Sport King camper.  I've owned it for almost 2 years. It's a great camper for one that's 14 years old. There are a few minor issues with it. I'm doing my best to try to remedy them myself. One road block I found early on is the manufacture, which was based in Boise, ID went out of business several years ago. It's been very difficult to get much info on it.
So here's one issue: The camper has a shower, sink and toilet in the bathroom. All three of them drain into the black water tank. I believe it capacity is approx 20 gallons. After about 3 quick showers and roughly 15+ toilet flushes (including hand washing), the tank is full. The also has a gray water tank, but the only thing that drains into that, is the kitchen sink.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem. One thought I had was to had add a 3rd tank for the show and sink. I have a feeling though that would be easier said then done. Feel free to post any ideas. Thanks.. Jim in the Couv

IMHO the simplest might be to get a 20 gallon blue tote tank and plum a diverter valve from the shower.  Turned one way and the water could drain as it is.  Turn it the other direction and it could drain into the blue tote tank sitting outside.  When done, take it to the teepee and dump it.

Thanks for the replies. I like your idea donn. Sounds like an easy fix. Although accessing the shower drain, re-plumbing it might be a little challenging. I think I can handle it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom