Advice on purchasing a 2012 Class C Access 31 CP or Itasca Impulse 31CP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

islandguy1

Hi
My wife and I have been looking at motorhomes for a while and our current favorite is a new Class C Access or Impulse 31CP.  It will be our first RV although we have rented a Class C (circa 27') for a vacation.  As retirees we are planning to take some trips, eventually take it across the country on an extended trip.  We are planning to tow a dinghy, probably an old standard transmission Honda Civic.

Anyone have any experience with this model/size and towing as we are planning?  Any recommendations on the towing package?

We live in Washington State, and do not have many dealers around.  I'm also wondering how far I  might have to go to get a good deal or if we will regret not purchasing from our closest dealer, even if they do not have the sharpest pencil.

Thanks for any advice

Hi IG - welcome aboard!

Check the towing specs - that should be detailed in the specifications.  You can also email Owner Relations at [email protected] for questions that aren't answered in the literature.  As far as choosing a dealer - if you are looking for the cheapest deal out there, be prepared to travel assuming you know exactly what you want.

Check rvservicereviews.com to see how your closest Winnebago dealer rates.  If you have a local dealer with a good service department, they are worthy of a first shot at your business even if they aren't the least expensive deal out there.  Service after the sale is THE big deal.

Sorry but I have no personal knowledge about your specific units in question.

John
Thanks for the response, especially the link to the service reviews.  Turns out that a dealer close by has received great reviews.

Back
Top Bottom