Issues with running cable to TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WKYRIDER

I recently installed a new antenna and hooked it up to the cable that came installed with the MH.  Nothing worked.  To make sure the antenna wasn't having issues i ran a cable from the antenna, through the window, to the TV.  Everything worked as it should.  Today I rerouted the same wire I had been running through the window through a hole that was in the roof for some other unused wires.  For some reason it doesn't work anymore.  Any ideas?  I'm totally lost.

Doesn't make any sense, does it? Perhaps an intermittent connector on one end of the cable? Or maybe at the tv coax jack?

What kind of antenna is it? Many RV antennas require an external amplifier or an external 12v feed to an amp that is built into the antenna. For example, most Winegard antennas won't work well when fed direct to the tv.

Years ago my brother did a complete overhaul on a farm tractor.. I would not start.. He was at that "Tearing his hair out" point and still it would not start.

Finally I broke out an $8.00 multi meter and tracked it down to the points on the ignition system.

He commented they had a $1,800 dollar meter back at Vo-Ed School that did the same job. (OK, I do admit the ignition analyzer is a bit nicer than my VOM).

But that was the problem.. The brand, spanking, new, points,, were bad.

Back
Top Bottom