How to install tile in your RV.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tileman

I've been a tile contractor for 40 years. I developed materials for tiling surfaces that flex, for the fiberglass pool industry. That industry has done more than 100,000 tile installs with no problems. Stupid me, I've tiled my last 4 RVs but I never had the thought that my RV friends would be interested. Here are photos of my 1996 Fleetwod storm tile installs and a "How to" guide. The additional weight is about 3 pounds per sq. ft. minus the weight of what you remove to do the tile work.

Moved link to signature      -scottydl

Thanks Tileman, I'm sure that will come in handy. Many here do their own remodel and we are alwyas looking for tips. Welcome to the forum also.

Ive been a tile contractor for 22 years, and tiled my class c bathroom. I used wedi board and AO 4 1/4 on the walls. For adhesive, i went with tech superflex. So far no issues.  The kitchen counter was done in Baltic brown granite.

Ranger, that kitchen sounds beautiful. If you have a photo, please post it. My process utilizes "Silicone Rubber Grout" It's listed in the Tile Council of America handbook, but few peuple have ever heard of it. The silicone rubber adhesive is custom formulated. You can tile over wall paneling and wood or any surface that bends or flexes.

Looks like some nice work on your blog. Seems that you and I have, with 40+ years each, most of the flooring experience here to help folks.

For the tile experts, is there any reason you'd suggest tile flooring instead of the snap-together faux wood flooring that's popular these days?  Eventually I'll be redoing some of my floor and I'm always open to suggestions.

Tileman,

Is it cementicious, or is it 100% silicone? Is it available as a sanded grout? Regardless, it would seem to solve a big problem as far as tiling rvs are concerned.

In my bathroom, I used Custom Prism on the walls. Even though its 4 1/4, I used it because it was marginally better than Polyblend. Of course I used silicone at all corners. So far no failures.

And Scott, my reason for selecting tile is that ultimately, its more durable. Plus, its much more custom in terms as design is concerned.

BEAUTIFUL............  I bookmarked your sight and you can expect a call from me on this because we are looking to replace the floor in our 2000 Pace Arrow.  We plan to rip out the hardwood we had installed a few years ago and put in linoleum or possibly tile as a replacement. 
Question.  We have two slides (one in the living room and one in the bed room).  There was carpet in the area of the slide outs and the slide outs cleared the carpet just fine.  Will they clear the tile  if we rip our the hardwood flooring.  The hardwood floor is the thin stuff, not the full thickness hardwood?
Do you have a video or DVD on how to put the tile down?  I will need to know all the doe's and Don's as I am not a ''Tile Man'' but I have done a lot of construction and have worked with my hands all my life.

If you can help me with this I will be glad to pay you the customary ten cents for your advise and I will pay you the next time I see you........ (maybe) (if you see me first and yell at me)

I will you later or you can respond to [email protected].......

God bless our vets ... They earned our freedom for us........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWKnut
Back
Top Bottom