Yet another dump question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarDancer

Rats!  My tank needs emptied.  I'm getting the "bubble."  Trouble is...I'm pulling out either tomorrow or Friday.  I planned on dumping when I leave, after disconnecting electric, cable, etc. 

Soooooo...is it OK to leave what gets deposited in the tank in the next day or two in the tank?  I understand one should not dump when there's hardly anything in there.  Hmmm...I suppose I could dump and then add a BUNCH of water over the next 24-48 hours, and then dump again? 

I really was looking for the "simple life."  Ha... ???

Weeellll, you can leave it in - it's not like it hurts anything - but if you're not sure when you're leaving I'd do it now.  If not, it will just keep filling up as you use it and you're liable to overflow which is never desirable.  You didn't say which tank, but if it's the gray it might back up into the shower and even the sinks if it gets too full.  Trust me, that's a messy cleanup.  If it's the black and you're using it...well I don't even want to think about that one.  :eek:  We dump when we need to, not on any specific schedule such as every Friday.  If the "need" happens to fall on Tuesday then that's when we dump.  If you're not leaving for another couple of days, then you're better off to dump now.  Then you won't have to worry about it and use with abandon.  ;D

ArdraF

silveradomike said:
Dump now and and water and dump again when you leave. Why taken any chances of an overflow!
That's exactly what I'm gonna do.  Dump and then add a bunch of water...  Then I'll dump and do the sani-flush and run water through the hose before I wrap it all up. 

Then I'm going back to my old every week thing or 10 days.  There's only one person using it...ME! 8)

ArdraF said:
Weeellll, you can leave it in - it's not like it hurts anything - but if you're not sure when you're leaving I'd do it now.  If not, it will just keep filling up as you use it and you're liable to overflow which is never desirable.  You didn't say which tank, but if it's the gray it might back up into the shower and even the sinks if it gets too full.  Trust me, that's a messy cleanup.  If it's the black and you're using it...well I don't even want to think about that one.  :eek:  We dump when we need to, not on any specific schedule such as every Friday.  If the "need" happens to fall on Tuesday then that's when we dump.  If you're not leaving for another couple of days, then you're better off to dump now.  Then you won't have to worry about it and use with abandon.  ;D

ArdraF
It's the black tank.  I leave the grey tank valves open when I'm parked.

StarDancer said:
It's the black tank.  I leave the grey tank valves open when I'm parked.

FWIW, I was always taught to leave both closed, then dump black, then grey to wash out the sewer hose.

We also leave the gray tank open while parked but we keep an eye on the black tank guage and close the gray valve when it looks like we'll be needing to dump the black.  That way we dump black first, gray second, and the gray helps clean out the hose.  If your gray is empty I hope you can put some fresh water down the hose.

ArdraF

if you're hooked up to permanent sewer connections, just open it for a few minutes and not drain it all the way and give yourself a few more days worth of room in the tank. although being hooked up already would really mean it won't be that much trouble to just add about 6 or 8 minutes of water and drain it again before you go.  :)

and i agree with ArdraF - if you realize you're gonna dump the black tank in the next day or so, close the gray so you'll have water in that tank to flush the hose with

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom