San Antonio Texas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Just found out we may be going to San Antonio Texas.  Can anyone recommend or warn us about where to camp?  Have heard many good things about San Antonio and we are really excited to get to go!
Thanks in advance....
Mikie

Do you have to be in SA proper or could you stay somewhere outside of the city?  What will you be doing while in SA?

Mikie,

We usually stay at Traveler's World. It's a short drive to the Alamo and River Walk. Bus stops across the street if you don't want to drive. They were a PA campground the last time we were there. Not fancy but nice enough and the staff was friendly. It has been a few years since we were there last.

It is also close to all the Missions. We drove to all four. Really neat.

We stayed at the Admiralty once and it was very expensive. Tried the Blazing Star. Worst upscale campground ever. The entry was very steep and friends dragged the rear of their coach. On the way out they dragged the front! Sites were anything but level. Not sure if they ever straightened them out. Both are quite a drive from downtown.

Hi,
We usually stay at the KOA on the west side of town. Bus service just down the street, a great small water park w/in about 1/2 mile and close to down town.
The riverwalk is a great experience and we think SA is the best week end stay in the country (we live just North of Dallas).
The missions are interesting and everyone has to visit the Alamo once.
Ernie

My husband is going there for work.  The company pays for housing so expensive would be okay.  Since we will be there for several months I'd like something with large sites.  TIA

I haven't been to Travelers World, but have been to Admiralty.  They were a Passport America site when we were there, but stopped on our last day!  So yeah, they are kinda expensive, but they have a very nice setup.  It may be what you are looking for since price is no object.  I've attached a couple of pics of our stay there (don't mind the selfless flaunting of the grandbabies!).

I've heard they've made some improvements to Blazing Star, but I have not been there.  I know it used to have a wicked steep entry/exit.  But last I read somewhere they fixed that and people thought the place was pretty nice.

So, I guess next question would be, what part of town is your husband working?  That may also determine a place.

Attachments

• 100_0189 (Large).JPG
    100_0189 (Large).JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0192 (Large).JPG
    100_0192 (Large).JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_0200 (Large).JPG
    100_0200 (Large).JPG
    157 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0187 (Large).JPG
    100_0187 (Large).JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for all of the responses.  Just found out that we are definitely going.  We will be trying out full timing until June! The job site is only 1.5 miles from the Admiralty, so I guess that settles where we will be staying.  Ed, thanks for the pictures.  I just always want to make sure that we can get in and fit safely and the grandbaby is adorable!  I am looking forward to this adventure...I think!  LOL :)

Thanks again,
Mikie

Back
Top Bottom