good tire pressure monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmax1

Have 35 ft class A and pulling Jeep, so need 10 tire valve senders, what is a good system and about how much should I $$$. thanks

Many of us here use Pressure Pro.  Ask Bernie for a price.

Forum members use several different kinds of TPMS, each with their pros and cons. A number of us use PressurePro. If you choose to go this route, send forum member Bernie Dobrin a PM or email and he'll take care of you.

Great info!  I can understand how the remote sensors check the pressure, but how is it testing the temp?  Is it just the temp of the stem where the sensor screws on?

The TST system seems to be a bit lower cost when you buy 10 sensors, not to mention the temp too.

Thx

Regarding temperature - many (maybe all?) of the external sensors that screw on the valve stem don't measure the actual air temperature in the tire but instead derive the temperature from the pressure. That is what Pressure Pro does.

Because of water vapor in the air in the tire that causes the pressure to not follow the Ideal Gas Law this doesn't provide a very accurate temperature. However the temperature increase of one tire compared to the others can alert you to a problem.

If they do actually measure the air tempeature at the valve stem the lack of accuracy is the same and an increase in temperature of one tire compared to the others is still a valuable alert.

The Tire Minder has worked well for us. The signal booster is a must.
See the Youtube video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGYzD72qu4c&feature=channel

Kamper Dave

Bobandpamlemay said:
I prefer my TST system with tire pressure and tire temp. Great customer service too.

I've been using a TST for about 2.5 years and I have no complaints.  The new ones have replaceable batteries in the sensors!

Pressure Pro has an updated panel that will display temp.
I don't know the cost sa I haven't done it. Still considering switch to Tyre Guard sensor so I don't have to take them foo to had air.

ken

I like the TST systemand even though I have the ten sensor system, I use the Tattle Trail on the Jeep which detects vibration. I believe everyone here has a system they like and feel comfortable they will be protected or at least warned before the situation gets out of hand.

After checking the pressure in my tires a half dozen times by taking off wheel covers and crawling around on the ground I am getting one of these systems! Of the three mentioned I would appreciate your thoughts on ease of installation. Is it an easy do-it-yourself or is some more involved wiring involved? Thanks All...

The PressurePro sensors merely screw on the valve stems instead of the dust caps. The monitor merely plugs into a 12V receptacle at the dash, and there's an easy setup procedure. The only other thing I did was to attach a strip of Velcro to hold the monitor on the dash.

I have no experience with the other systems, but I understand that one type requires dismounting tires from rims to install the sensors. That's not a DIY procedure for me, and I'd have to pay for a tire shop to do it.

motoxbob,
I can only speak about the Tire Minder.
No wiring is involved. Plug the receiver into your cigarette lighter socket and put batteries into the senders (valve stem caps). We fastened the receiver to the dashboard by the radio. There are even security locks for the senders if you want to use them. You will need to program the unit but there are good directions and phone support. YouTube has video of RV101 installing and programming his.
You may need a signal booster depending upon the distance from tires to receiver and or other signal interference.
The assurance of viewing the Temperature and Pressure of each tire as you travel is a relief to me.
You will be amazed at the changes in temperature and pressure as you travel. When you read here on the forum that tires are to be inflated as labeled on the TIRE itself, they are correct. We had not fully inflated the rear tires of the Dodge Ram that was the location of our first high pressure / temperature alarm.
With highest regards.
Kamper Dave

TST sensors also invlove removing dust caps and screwing sensors on. Once you have coded in the parameters to monitor (pressure, temp, what tires are being used) simply mopunt the monitor and go.

Bob

Thanks guys for the awesome info on these cool units, Camping world has tire minder on sale for $290, looks like I will pick that one up, only thing is, will I need that extra signal booster for 35 ft motorhome flat towing Jeep, I guess I`ll need that too.

Back
Top Bottom