popups with fullsize tires/wheels and/or tandem axle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blownt

we have a Fleetwood/Coleman 14' popup which is nice except for the ABS crap they call a roof.  It is cracked and split.  Instead of replacing the roof I'm thinking replacing the whole camper.  :mad:

While in Colorado and Wyoming we saw alot of popups on the highways that sat higher and had fullsize tires/wheels and some had tandem axles.  Anybody know any namebrands or models.  Or did people just modify their campers like I did.  I rotated my axle to the bottom of the leaf springs and added 14" tires/wheels.

I have seen a Flagstaff popup by Forest River that had tandem axles and 15" mud tires but it was a toyhauler with an open trailer/deck in front to hold ATV's.

THANKS,
Gary

Welcome to the RV Forum!

You will only get tandem axles if the weigh gets high enough and few, if any, pop-ups are going to be that heavy. The toyhauler you saw is an obviously going to be heavier.

Bigger tires, though, are a plus for longer travel. They run cooler and last longer.

Our 2000 Starcraft Venture PUP came stock with 13" wheels and tires. No problems at all. Tire pressure and wheel bearing grease seem to be the recipe for success...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom